7 Year Old iBook & Logic; Help.

scottmd06

My iBook is a 1.2ghz PowerPC G4 with 1.25gb of ram and is running Mac OSX 10.4.11. I'm wondering if anyone knows what version of Logic would be most up-to-date and compatible on this machine... It's probably damn old anyway, but I'm pinching pennies here. I'm hoping to find someone on eBay with original install discs for whatever version this machine can still handle. Thanks guys!!!

My iBook is a 1.2ghz PowerPC G4 with 1.25gb of ram and is running Mac OSX 10.4.11. I'm wondering if anyone knows what version of Logic would be most up-to-date and compatible on this machine... It's probably damn old anyway, but I'm pinching pennies here. I'm hoping to find someone on eBay with original install discs for whatever version this machine can still handle. Thanks guys!!!

Logic Pro 8, as far as I can tell. You might also consider Digital Performer. They support your hardware with their current release (though you would have to upgrade your OS to 10.5 if you want to run the very latest).

I was under the impression that my PowerPc G4 cant go beyond 10.4.11... How about getting garageband projects out of garageband 3 and into logic or another program. Garageband 3 doesnt seem to have a way to export midi files or even save in the midi format...

Minimum requirements for 10.5 are a 867 MHz or faster G4 with at least 512 MB of RAM and at least 9 GB of free HD space.

Requirements for Mac OS X v10.5

I have no idea about exporting GB projects. The usual way is to export it a track at a time starting from zero, then stick those finished tracks into the new DAW and go from there. Or just keep using GB for older projects and use something better moving forward.

Back