60's Retro Rickenbacher Party!

Cant get nowhere radio to work for me, anyone else have this trouble? Sorry Doug, I'll give it another go a little later

I had just finished listening to mp3s of creed, staind,dido,enya,and shania ,

so I was thinking that you are pretty much out of luck since my jusdgement has been tainted by those awesomely proffessional mixes.

But no. It was actually a nice mix. THe drum sound was rather good.

The only thing is that it is generally low in level, so I percieve it as lacking punch. I think that you should normalise your individual tracks and use more aggressive compression.

I also like the vocal sound and the song.

what was that hit right at the beginnin?

D/L'd fine here...

I downloaded just fine...

DJ,
First impression (on PC speakers@work).

Dig the sound alot.
Vocals need to be more up front? (and a coupla rough notes need to be retracked)... i feel for you there...

Queue

---subject to revisions upon listening @ home on monitors---

Dougie,
Sounds even better on the monitors. :)

I think the vocals are sitting ok in the beginning, but towards the end, esp the outro they should come up a bit.

Theres two problems in the beginning, the drum swell from :07 to :09 gets a bit too loud, and what sounds like the "dreaded microphone thump" on the right channel at :17.

And where's the solo?

I'm still digging it very much, for some reason the vocals remind me of solo John Lennon. The harmonies and song sound like Squeeze?

Cool song, thanks for sharing...

Queue

Waldo, I did get the tune to download. Can't seem to stream from nowhere radio though, I'll email you

Dougie - Nice vibe and cool harmonies in the tune. The snare sounded a little light to me though. Top much pssst and not enough pop or something like that, otherwise everything sounded good. Nice tune too. Good work

Ray J

Back