600GB, What have I done?

Folkcafe

Black Octopus has a special going on for SampleTank 4 V2 Max for $50. I was already looking at a couple instruments to add and getting those and pretty much most of everything else, well, it seemed like a no brainer as the banner ad said.

I recently decided to move my library to an external drive and sort it all out. I picked up a Thunderbolt 2TB drive just for audio and moved all the samples and instruments. Now I've got another 600GB I can add. So far I am close to 200GB with just the core download of MAX.

Anyway, cheap deal. Was skeptical and dug into it a bit. Didn't help that their card processing was borked over the weekend and I had to use Paypal. Purchase registered fine on IK Multimedia. Spending the day babysitting downloads today.

That is a really good deal.
I typically buy direct from IK. My upgrade price was $199 direct, hence why I was skeptical. I spent two days just mulling it over. Not sure how they can do this but software is a strange product when it comes to pricing.

Crazy . . . Nice deal! Man, I wish someone would run a similar offer on EZDrummer 3 or SD3.

[SD3 is on sale this month for $100 OFF @ US $299 - nice, but still over my head]

Last edited:
I'm at about 380GB but took a detour to get and play with some of the premium bits that Cubase offered for 13 users. I had been looking at picking up Melodyne Essentials and was hoping for a sale. Got it for free instead.

Been a few days of solid "let's see what this sounds like. The Mini Moog synth is a bit funky in execution. Really wish it was laid out like the Arturia but I don't have $200 to spend on one instrument.

It's like buying a candy store. I may need to go see a dentist.

Back