?????????

Cwadroon

In my opinion, noone knows what a hit is before it's that. It all depends on how the people who" buy" take it. I make tracks and I'm like dammmmmmnnnnnn, and then other people hear them, their like, "yeah its aight", and next man is like WHAT! In reality a hit can only be determined in babylon by record sales(which is wack). I've heard stuff on this message board that kills anything coming out(cyanJaguar's dirty south ish and gec's "we came to party")It's sad, but a hit is all about sales, so us as musicians can't even catogerize a "hit".I've heard sooooo much NICE stuff up in here, and those are hits to me.

??

dang, sorry yall------I pressed up on the wrong button, this was sposed to be under the "what makes a hit" thread

I can usually hear a song once and know if it will be a smash hit. Its a gift I have.

I can tell that a good song will hit, but I dont know which bad song will hit.

songs like no doubts latest and pinks latest and sheryl crow's latest should be junked the first day they came out, yet they are getting mad air on mtv, vh1, etc. THAT beats me.

hey me myelf,

one of the cats on my production team did the guitar lick and bass line on that track

BTW- that tracjk is gettin a facelift huh cwad........ I don't know cyan I been listenin to your ish too might have to get u involved

Hate to say it, but this is a message board for musicians, and people involved in makin music
and alot of us still consider a hit the same as the rest of the world----"whats pushed on us" sorry, I find that weak. Anything thats a hit to me usually aint ever heard on top 40 radio. Fuck marketing, and fuck corporation, I love music for what it is, not how it's pushed.

Back