5/8" to 3/8" Adapter

opdev

I need to get one of these so I gan use one of my shockmounts on a mic stand.

I searched the web and could not find anything except for micguys.com.

I am a little nervous about giving my cc info to small, random web sites.

I tried 2 local music stores and neither had them.

I don't quite understand why you need it. Is the mic stand 3/8"?

Is the shockmount 3/8"? If so, you'll need a 3/8" to 5/8" adapter, which is a whole different animal.

In either case, you might be able to get one in the plumbing department of a large hardware store, such as Home Depot. They have a lot of different adapters for copper tubing and pipes.

Maybe I said it backwards.

Mic stand is 5/8 male

The shock mount is 3/8 female.

I found one at micguys.com for only $5 but I have decided not to give my credit card info to small web sites.

I was hoping someone knew of a more common place to purchase one of these.

So you need a 5/8" female-3/8" male adapter.
I'd take my stand and shock mount to the local hardware/plumbing supply and see what they have, for starters.

The adapter in the shockmount should be removable. Every one I have here is.

If there are slots on the sides of it you should be able to put a screwdriver in there and break it loose and spin that sucker right outta there.

Jeez, it didn't even occur to me he might have the screw-in adapter still in his shockmount, as many times as that's been asked and answered here. :)

There really ought to be a sticky

"If your mic don't fit on your stand..."

I'm actually looking for a 5/8" female to 3/8" male adapter but for different reasons - I have a number of mic clips that have those screw in adaptors, which I remove, however the clip's thread is plastic and the screw in is metal as we know, so I figure I'll wear out the plastic eventually and the smart thing to do is to use the screw in - just need the adapter on the mic stand.

Have seen them in use but not in shops.

You guys are too kind.

I went and looked at the mics and realized that the 3/8 insert probably unscrews. Doh! Then I realized I already posted the dumb ass question!!!!

I was afraid to come here and see myself cyber flogged.

Can you tell I really know my way around a mic ;)

Don't worry about it dude.
I know less than you!

I had to measure my stand adapter just to see what you were talking about! :D

And we all gotta start somewhere!

Back