4track to CD

paulover

Hi,

Can anyone advise me?

Im using a Tascam 414 PortaStudio 4 track and i am mixing down on to TapeCassette. I have heard that i can also mix down on to CD. Is this possible? I have a computer with a CD rewriter installed.

Thanks
Paul

Actually - the process would be that you'd mixdown onto your computer's hard-drive (using recording software), and then burn a CD from there (using audio CD creation s/w)......

Hi

You can go on download.com and get a recording software there. I'm using GoldWave because it allows me to record in wave and do some minimal mastering on the recorded product (like compression, fade out, etc).

/Jack Real.

Line-out of tape deck to Line-in of PC soundcard (you need a good PC soundcard; at least a $100 Audiophile or Echo Mia, etc.)

Fire up a recording program ( Audacity is free - http://audacity.sourceforge.net ) and set up a session at 16bits/44.1kHz.

Press record in Audacity and play on the Portastudio. Trim the end of the song and save in a new folder. Repeat for all your other songs.

Use the burning program from your CDwriter (usually NERO) to burn an AUDIO (not data) cd from the wav files.

That's all there is to it...

the soundcard doesnt have be expensive! i use a Sounblaster live 1024 to record a mix into wavelab and that works perfectly well. cost me around £25.

Back