424 MKIII/Computer Recording

masterofpuppets

So I'm new to 4 track recording. I tried searching for this topic but I never found one. I record with my 424 and then transfer it to my computer via "line out" and than into my sound card on my computer. My problem is that I need to find a way to moniter the tracks I transfer when recording other tracks. I tried buring it to CD but found out the hard way that the computer and my CD player play at different speeds :( Do you guys know a way I can do this. My computer is no where near my studio so I cant do it that way. I know this is a stupid problem and I should probably have a computer down in the studio to moniter but I just cant do that. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

It isn't quite clear what you are doing. Are you saying that you record some tracks, burn them to CD, then play along with that CD while recording more tracks to your 4-track?

Tried to yes, but I found out that that didnt work haha. I think i've solved the problem though. But I do need to know why my levels on the recorded tape are so low? I am not using a high bias tape right now, though I did buy some. Is it the tape? I have all the inputs all the way to the right for "mic in" but they are still very low.

Back