424 mkII question!

michaelq

Hello fellow tascamheads,

I've hit a dead end recording and cannot find my manual, so maybe someone can help. I'm using a mackie mixer to phantom power my condenser mic, and then i've plugged in a tube preamp from the mixer to my tascam 424 mkII. I'm using the sub inputs, but I do now know what settings I need selected on the Tascam to be able to record this, as i've never used the sub inputs before. It would be as easy as looking on page 17 or whatever in the manual, but I've misplaced mine. So if anyone can either check their manual, even if its not the same model 424, or knows the answer to this question it'd be greatly GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, and happy recording. -MichaelQ

I'd agree, but to say...

you may want to bring your preamplified signal in on 5/6 or 7/8 line inputs, & not channels 1-4, which have preamps inline. I'd hate to see a burned out preamp issue develop from overdriving channels 1-4.

Andy's correct though, that the sub in's route directly to the L/R Stereo (main) buss, which would require using Buss L/R recording mode on the Rec Funct switches,:eek:;)

Back