4 Genre attempts

thewhat

Hey folks,

Here are some bedroom recordings that are done in various styles. They are the "bonus songs" on this link:

http://www.thewhatband.com/mp3.html

1. Be My Baby- The Ronettes song in the style of the Misfits.
2. S'OK- Mariachi
3. I Can't Spend My Whole Life with You- bluegrass
4. Moonlight in the Afternoon- schmaltzy showtune ballad.

Hope you enjoy. What you think?
Max

Yeah, "Be My Baby" is really in true Misfits style, in the beginnig and at the end specially.....
More songs like that :-)
But that´s only my opinion....

Rock on
/Jocke

you pretty much nailed the Misfits sound for 'BeMBaby'

I also listened to Sok.. nice harmonies.. What a completely different style! pretty cool to be able to do that..

Attachments

• misfits.jpg
    misfits.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 68
Listened to Moonlight...

Seems to be recorded well. Interesting combination of instruments. I'm probably a simpleton, but I couldn't make sense out of the words. Moonlights, and lovers, and gunfights. Oh well.

On the technical side, the only thing I might throw in is that some of the harmonies are getting covered up by the strings. Some of the "ahhhs" and the strings are battling it out. Just a small little section.

Hey there, I'm a big Misfits fan. I laughed and though the misfits sucked a lot like that I fell it was a bit on the bright side recording-wise for them.

Funny though...thanks.

Okay, nobody took the hillbilly tune, so I listened, and I gotta' say...I'm freakin' impressed. Listened to the Misfits tune...lol - nice cover.

In fact, it's the difference b/w those 2 tunes that has me impressed...I mean, you didn't really NAIL either one, (not enough mud in the Misfits tune, and too much verb on the vox for Bluegrass), but damn...Nice job.

I have no idea why somebody gave this the star *ding* treatment, but you're a talented S.O.B. (unless you're a band, in which case, you're all talented...).

Here's some more stars and a bump.

TripleM said:
Listened to Moonlight...

Seems to be recorded well. Interesting combination of instruments. I'm probably a simpleton, but I couldn't make sense out of the words. Moonlights, and lovers, and gunfights. Oh well.

On the technical side, the only thing I might throw in is that some of the harmonies are getting covered up by the strings. Some of the "ahhhs" and the strings are battling it out. Just a small little section.

It's about a guy who is trapped in a movie

Back