3rd pin ground on rack gear???

bfoundation81

ok my monitors were buzzing to the beat of my mouse and my pc (like when screen would change or i move my mouse it would increase buzz through monitors) Well i looked at alot of threads about it and how it could be all diffrent things well i tryed a bunch of diffrent plugs and stuff and always seemed to be there but yesterday one side was doing it more than the other and both monitors were in diff plugs so i was like mmmmmmmm.....

Well i broke the ground pin off one of the cables (to cheap to buy 3-2 prong thing) And wala NO MORE BUZZ!!!!!!

My question is now on all my other rack gear is this gona come in play should i break off all my ground pins or how should i go about this?? just do not wana degrade my audio if i can prevent it.

As long as the ground is coming from the same outlet to all the grounded equipment, you are fine with grounds. When you have stuff connected on different circuits or outlets and the grounds meet on the equipment it can cause buzzing from the resistance to ground. It's best to use power strips connected to line conditioner so everything is on the same outlet. One of those rack ones like Furman, Tripplite, Sampson make. Ripping off the ground prong is not a good idea unless you have GFI circuit breakers or like to get zapped.

Back