3 Plug-ins you could not live without...

Okay, I use waves for destructive comp & verb or Sonar's built-in effects for realtime comp & verb ...but here are three of my personal fav's.

Antares Autotune (...tell me you've never worked with bad singers)

Izotope Vinyl (the coolest free plugin I've ever had)

Native Instruments B4 (...the next best thing to owning a big, fat ol' B3)

Okay Gidge...you have to tell me...
(and I'm probably opening myself up to a bodyslam here...but)

What's the Suck Knob? What's it do?

Will a few of you try REverbX and let me know what you think? I've been telliong everyone for weeks and no one will try it. Free 2 week unlimited demo, man! Then try PSP vinatage warmer too.

Tube:

You talk about that plugin a lot, but I've never heard you say whay YOU thought of it. I think it looks great, but I have no need to bog down my system with another resource-hungry reverb plugin. Too busy making music!

As far as 3 plugins I could not live without, I could very easily live without plugins. Recording or generating the tracks correctly in the first place negates the need for plugins, and while I'm nowhere near that good YET, I hope to be someday. In the meantime, if all the plugins disappeared from the world, we would all live. THEY'RE JUST PLUGINS!

charger said:
Tube:

You talk about that plugin a lot, but I've never heard you say whay YOU thought of it. I think it looks great, but I have no need to bog down my system with another resource-hungry reverb plugin. Too busy making music!

As far as 3 plugins I could not live without, I could very easily live without plugins. Recording or generating the tracks correctly in the first place negates the need for plugins, and while I'm nowhere near that good YET, I hope to be someday. In the meantime, if all the plugins disappeared from the world, we would all live. THEY'RE JUST PLUGINS!

you must be joking:eek:

charger said:
Tube:

It is nice to have dry tracks and be able to work backwards If a mix is going in the wrong Direction.......

Wait a minute... Gidge is right, you must be joking....... I mean, you don't even use some eq plug ins on mixdown.....????

From, The Anti-Steve Albini Guy.. :D:D:D

No, I use plenty of plugins. But I could LIVE without them. I was just responding to your question literally. The reality is, most of the time I do live without the best plugins I've heard, which are the McDSP eq and compressor plugins, because they're mac-only, and I do most of my work on the PC.

Steve Albini, now there's a guy who probably never uses any plugins.

1 all time. WAVES l1 ultramaximizer. Has anyone noticed what it does to vocals? Phat as heck

2. WAVES c1 compressor. I cant live without it.

3. TC native reverb.

PSP vintage warmer deserves honorable mention. I think its worth the $150. Frankly, I was amazed when I heard the demo. It has exactly "the" sound I was searching for . phat, big, spicy, juicy etc etc. I just havenot bought it so it could not be on my list.

Seanmorse79 said:
I've heard a bit about that one. Is that a free one too?

Nope. Not free. Made by Izotope. Great piece of software...good for mastering, etc. Otherwise, I dont use any plug-ins.

Waves Rverb
Some kind of paramEQ
Some kind of compressor

Tubedude, I finally got ReverbX working after some initial dificulties (apparently the original release would only work at 44.1K). I'm taking a little break from the mixing now, but I plan to start playing with it when I get back. I think I noticed it has no pre-delay though. As far as CPU is concerned, I think it is well worth using a CPU hungry verb like RVerb or ReverbX. Their sound quality is way above any of the other verbs I tried (tc native, cakewalk soundstage, even trueverb). To me which verb I use makes more of a difference than which EQ or Compressor (not that those are unimportant).

"Whatever spectrum analyzer I can demo free for the week."

LOL - yeah, excellent, I like it. But isn't there a shelf life to this approach? :D

my 1.5 cents worth....
waves C4- multi band compressing, YEA!
ultrafunk reverb, i'm surprised not more folks have tried this verb,
i have quite a few and i think only the waves Rverb comes close,
but it's a hog.
the ultrafunk is just so sweet! not harsh, soft tails, nice stereo spread and easy to use......and only 50.00 american,
i'd like to hear what other's think about it
and i'm digging that psp vintagewarmer daddy-O...

Back