3 Drum Map Queries

ebitda

Hi,

1 Can anyone please tell me how I can view all the columns in a Drum Map that show, drum name, channel, Quant, I-Note, Lenth etc. I can only seem to view the drum name despite dragging the deviding-bar to attempt to reveal more columns. I've had them there before and obviously changed some setting...but exactly what I do not know!

2 Does anyone know if Cubase SE has the feature to allow the user to set different note levels to fine tune velocities of different hits within the same bar. I've seen this discussed in various articles as 'Lev 1', 'Lev 2', Lev 3', 'Lev 4' but cannot find it in SE version.

3 I find drum mapping hard as I do not have any general drumming experience. Are there any Drum Map file libraries as such - somewhere that I can legitimately obtain/view pre-made Drum maps? I could then modify them according to my own preferences. Certainly far better for me than starting from scratch. This assumes that you can load drum map files into Cubase?!? I'm not clear if this is possible - any thoughts??

I appreciate your help.

Rgds

Carl

I"m not sure about SE but

1. Have you check to see if the column header that contains the names of each column haven't been moved in order so that it's only showing you one big column? Try dragging the dividing line between your biggest column to the left and see if that exposes the other columns.

2. I can't remember the exact procedure but I think you're able to changed the velocity to the different lev1,2,3 by shift clicking or something like that on each note to change it to the next level. You should be able to fine tune them by highlighting the note, make sure the info bar is shown at the top of your page and then manuall adjust the value.

3. Just hang in there. You'll get it. It can be a bit confusing in the beginning but once you realize you only need about 7 or 8 drums in your map it makes things a whole lot easier.

I may have some of the above wrong since I don't really use midi drums in cubase and I'm just going from memory. Hopefully someone with more experience will come along.

Hi,

Not to hijack, but if I read you correctly, Cubase SE has the "drum grid" for inputing drum sequences?
I got Cubasis 4 with a sound card, and it lacks the drum grid. I'm thinking of moving up to Cubase SE, but only if it has the drum grid. I miss that from my old version of Cubase. It made drumming really fun. :)

Thanks!

Back