3 channels guitar amp

flapo1

I want an amp that I can dial in 3 kinds of sound: Clean, crunch and lead, but don't want to expend a lot of money in it, perhaps some $500 dlls.

Can some of you give me recommendations?

Thanks!

If you are willing to spend $600 you could get the Marshall DSL401 all tube which has channels exactly like you requested. I bought one and I love it! I'm not sure if Marshall AVT models have 3 channels I believe they only have 2. But check on their site and you might find one.

Thanks, Keilson, I'll check it out.

Another note: I want something that is not too loud or that I have to push too much to get distortion ebcause I will use it at church and at's a rather small place

Are the AVT models tube or ss?

flapo1 said:
I want an amp that I can dial in 3 kinds of sound: Clean, crunch and lead, but don't want to expend a lot of money in it, perhaps some $500 dlls.

Can some of you give me recommendations?

Thanks!

Why don't you try an amp modeller with a footswitch, like the JStation? It's $140 (without pedal) and sounds good.
You can use it with your existing amp (if you have one) or directly to P.A. or recording device.

Cheers, Andrés

Thanks, Cordura, I'll check it out, have you heard the J-Station yourself?

PS. Is your avatar a photo of Soda Stereo?

.....EDIT

Duh.. Obviously not, they were 3 not 4 :o :p

flapo1 said:
Thanks, Cordura, I'll check it out, have you heard the J-Station yourself?

PS. Is your avatar a photo of Soda Stereo?

.....EDIT

Duh.. Obviously not, they were 3 not 4 :o :p

I have a JStation and it sounds pretty good for me. And has many effects and digital out.

The avatar is The Cure, but you were pretty close cause they were so look alike in the eighties.
Do you like Soda? It rocks, and Gustavo Cerati is one of the most creative guitarists ever!

Thanks, Cordura. I realized it was the Cure just the last minute.

Yeah, I love Soda, specially Canción Animal album. Cerati is one of the greatest guitarists in latin music, and even though it doesn't look like he's got great chops, too. I also like other argentinian bands like Enanitos Verdes (from '94 to date, not the older stuff), Fito Paez, Charly García, et. al. I think great spanish rockers tend to come from over there.

Back