3 catchy tunes from my newest CD

I listened to the first song. Recording quality seemed pretty good. I thought the vox were a little loud, and the git solo delay and reverb effect made me dizzy, and not in a good way.

Can't say as I enjoy the style, but it works for what you're doing.

I kinda like to be able to hear all the lyrics, that's why the vocals are probably a little louder than the contemporary stuff.
Guitar sound is a little wet, because of the 80s influence on me :D
The other songs have different guitar sounds :)

I listened to 'So Cruel'. It sure has an 80's feel to it. Everything sounds very clear, I like that. You've got a good voice. Decent mix and performance. Not really my style though but a nice job.

Hey not bad, pretty tight recording, good sound. Gotta agree with the others, I'd want less vocals and more rhythm guitar in the mix. Don't know really what else to say.

Not a bad effort - but I absolutely hate the drums - very cheesy-sounding especially the toms and snare.

A little too heavy on the effects - even for an 80's style. On top of it, while you hear the reverb, there's still no dimension or depth to any of the mix elements.

The vocal sounds completely out of place with the rest of the mix. You need to have cohesion between all elements to make a mix sound "together."

Like I said, not bad - but you could still take it up a few notches......

looks like you got better success in this forum than the cakewalk one... haha just joshin ya. I like the lead guitar parts... they reminded me of lots of old songs i like. one more time: vocals out of place. other than that, pretty good stuff. Like many others, not my type of music but a good job.

Yeah, glad you posted them again.:D My fav of the bunch is Blue Collar Man.
I was getting off on the jumpy guitar rhythm. Is that just playing tech. or is there some triggered tremolo or something going on?
Wayne

I listened to all three. I liked the guitar playing although they did sound a bit over -processed, which would be my general comment on the whole track.

You said you used V-Sampler and Edirol VSC, as well as audio. How did you do the drums? I would guess the drums are programmed because it sounds like there isn't a lot of dynamic variation--every snare hit sounds the same kind of thing. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Nonetheless, I'm interested to know how you did the drums. Are these sampled drum hits or did you use a drum synth (like the VSC?).

I think just ease off on the reverb and processing for a more live sound.

Back