2xmd8 for 16 tracks?

kaminari13

I´m recording live rock music and want 14 tracks simultaniously ,i have a md8 and was thinking of getting a second one and operating them together with a footswitch ,has anybody tried this ,if so what are the problems ,do they synch together ,sometimes my md8 takes different amounts of time to read the same comand ,what are the other alternatives .is there a self contained machine out there that will do that many tracks? i definately need an analogue feel and find the idea of scrolling a mix unspontanious.is the sound quality of md8s alot lower than hd recording

Hi

The MD8 can not work as a slave so even by activating them with a foot switch, you might have synchronization problems because they will both be master. I also thought about that. The elegant part is that you could work with one MD8 for all your recordings; You could have several disks for the same song (1 for vocals, 1 for guitars, etc) and then rent the number of MD8s required for the final mix down.

/Jack Real.

thanks for the reply ,i hadn´t thought of that, but it still has the possible synch problem ,guess i´ll just have to give it a go myself

Back