2nd remix using most of the suggestions

Smokepole

You guys made some excellent calls on this one! The panning was all screwed up like was mentioned. I fixed that then did a lot of changing things

#1 I moved the hi- hat from the garage to center. I only had 3 choices once I got inside the drum machine so I couldn’t offset it just a little like was recommended. It was either straight up or like it was before. I’m going to try to use the drums on the new keyboard for the next tune so maybe I’ll have some different options or else I’ll record it on a separate track like was also suggested.

#2 I brought the piano down in the mix

#3 I brought the bass guitar up (I cut back the left track on the keyboard also to make a little more room) for the bass??

#4 got rid of the hi-hat in the intro

#5 Panned the guit 35 left

#6 Brought up the “Angel Voices” behind the bridge

#7 Last but not least I took a gamble and tried some string stuff like was suggested. (Remember I got the keyboard last Wednesday so I’m not too experienced with string parts.)

Strings were added in the intro, the outro, and in the bridge section. Give me some “use ‘em or loose ‘em suggestions on that stuff, I’m really unsure if they’re totally corny or not????

Black Sabbath, Thanks for listening and the kind words. I appreciate it and am glad you like the tune too!

Thanks guys, let me know what you think

Joe

#4 www.nowhereradio.com/mytunes/singles

use'em!

4 listens Joe, but they'll be more:) . You know i've listened to this from scratch...never really tried to listen to what you were saying...i was like ok, good voice...yeah this could go some where etc/etc. Never once listening to the "words" and understanding what the song was about..forgive me. My mother will hear this on Mother's Day...you can bet! Leave the strings imho, the rim shots seemed louder in spots:confused: . The bass is way better to me, everything is. Thanks for such a great song man..

David

Hi David,

That line is "I'm all alone, with people by my side".
Thanks again for listening. You're too kind man!

I had to rebounce the bass ontop of the drumtrack again in order to bring the bass up louder. I EQed each of those "BEFORE" I bounced them this time so I could have a little more control. That could be the diference of the rimshot?

also

I ran the mix through my RNC on supernice mode and compressed it about 3dbs this time around. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not?

I'll srutinize it now that you've pointed it out. Thanks

If you do really happen to play it, tell your mom the guy who wrote it wishes her a Happy Mothers day.

Joe

Smokepole said:
Hi David,

That line is "I'm all alone, with people by my side".
Thanks again for listening. You're too kind man!

I had to rebounce the bass ontop of the drumtrack again in order to bring the bass up louder. I EQed each of those "BEFORE" I bounced them this time so I could have a little more control. That could be the diference of the rimshot?

also

I ran the mix through my RNC on supernice mode and compressed it about 3dbs this time around. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not?

I'll srutinize it now that you've pointed it out. Thanks

If you do really happen to play it, tell your mom the guy who wrote it wishes her a Happy Mothers day.

Joe
If you do really happen to play it, tell your mom the guy who wrote it wishes her a Happy Mothers day>

Will do! RNC huh? Sounds nice man, i want one super bad. thanks Joe..

Yes, I'm embarrased to admit it's just a shameless bump. It blew off the first page so quickly I just wanted to meake sure all the guys who helped out at least had a chance to hear they're input, and didn't confuse it with the previous version.

Oh yea, and I made everything "wetter" except the vocal, as was suggested.

Plus it's Mothers Day!

O.K., I'll drift off into nowhere land now.

Happy Mothers day Ladies

Joe

Wow, it sounds great Smokepole. I'm really beginning to like the song, too. Very good.

The rimshot is a bit loud. Fix it and I'm a happy puppy! :D

Thanks Pedullist, on that note I went downstairs and re-recorded the track. It was mentioned once, and that just reinforced it. I moved the level of the rimshot down on the drum machine 2 notches, from 15 to 13.

I'm going to switch mixes on the nowhere page in a day or two so that all future listens are this mix. I won't repost anything though.

When my wife listened to it finished for the first time she had a couple of tears in her eyes. That alone was so worth it. All of those tweeks that were suggested really made it sound so much more polished!

Thanks for all of your ideas and time.

Joe

Joe,
Nice work and and nice song as well. I wanted to post something as I listened the first time and did not/forgot to comment. Shame on me! :eek: :)

Your voice is definetely the money card here. Nice job!

I actually could have listened to another verse! ;) :D

Back