2nd hand mixer market

vintagetobes

Hi, i am planning to buy a roughly 16 mic channel mixer for home recording and live sound/recording. I am quite interested in a few 2nd hand mixers but thought i better get some opinions first.
One is a Studiomaster Proline 16:8:16
One is a Seck 1882 from the late 80s (is that too old?)
and one is a Makie 1604 VLZ Pro (not sure about this one due to lack of routing options.

Any comments on these mixers? Any general advice? Cheers very much

I got a Studiomaster ProLine that I will probably be selling here soon.

I thought the console sounded WAY better than any Mackie I have ever heard, and it is built MUCH better too!

I have the 24x4x8 (24 channels, 4 sub groups, 8 "Returns")

This one has the power supply removed from the console housing and in it's own box. This significantly lowers the noise floor of the console.

I bought it because I felt I might have an upcoming need for this console, but, it is just sitting.

If the size works for you, let me know what you would be getting that other one for, and maybe we can work something out.

I may also have a Seck 1882 for sale. It does have an external power supply and is on its way back from the Repair Tech so it is in near mint condition right now. It is amazingly clean for an older mixer and has 18 preamps, as well as 18 tape returns.

Back