2488neo FX key won't assign properly

mbrusko

The "Single Effect" key on my Neo won't let me assign it to any inputs or tracks. The key itself isn't stuck -- it opens the pop-up menu when I press it. But when I press and hold it along with a channel "Select" key, nothing happens. Anyone encounter this?

The "Single Effect" key on my Neo won't let me assign it to any inputs or tracks. The key itself isn't stuck -- it opens the pop-up menu when I press it. But when I press and hold it along with a channel "Select" key, nothing happens. Anyone encounter this?

The single effect is for SEND effects, not for assigning directly to channels.

Not sure where you're getting that info. I've had the neo for two years and have assigned single effects to channels/tracks more times than I can count. assign them the same way I assign mic effects or multi-effects: Hold the effect key and the channel/track key at the same time.

Now, all of a sudden, the single effect key won't assign.

I'm getting that info from the fact that I've owned a 2488 for about 6 years.

Read the manual and then you can thank me later.

Good luck.

My manual is beyond worn-out from reading, re-reading and referencing. Either I'm not stating the question clearly or you're not understanding it.

My problem is with the internal Effect loop. To apply, say, Delay, to a channel you highlight Delay from the Single Effect pop-up menu. You press "Yes" to confirm that that's the Effect you want. Then you press and hold the Single effect key (it lights) and simultaneously press and hold the "Select" key of the channel you want to assign it to (it lights, too; then both buttons flash).

I've done this a million times. Now, all of a sudden, it doesn't work. I can bring up the Effect menu, I can highlight and select Delay (or whatever) ... but when I then simultaneously press and hold the "Single" key and the "Channel" key ... nothing happens. It works fine with the "Mic Effect" and the "Multi Effect." But not with the "Single" effect. The procedure for assigning any of those three to a channel is identical, as you well know. So, I know I'm not doing this wrong. I'm just wondering if someone else has encountered the problem and solved it by ... I don't know ... prying the button up and sprinkling fairy dust under or something.

If this forum can't help, I will contact Tascam customer service.

You haven't done it a million times because it can't be done. You might think you've done it, but it's impossible that you have.

The SINGLE effect is for the effects loop. It can't be assigned to an individual channel the way you're describing. It's for SEND effects only.

True story.

You know what, (he said, all red-faced), you're right. My mind somehow tricked me into thinking I was applying the effects loop the same way I was applying Mic and Multi. So I went down to the studio and opened a song on the neo ... then opened the Effects loop and chose a Reverb, then went to a channel and rolled the Send Loop number up to 50 ... muted all the other channels and played the one I just activated ... and there it was. Fuckin' reverb. Exactly where you said it would be.

Haha. Thanks for snapping me into reality.

You know what, (he said, all red-faced), you're right. My mind somehow tricked me into thinking I was applying the effects loop the same way I was applying Mic and Multi. So I went down to the studio and opened a song on the neo ... then opened the Effects loop and chose a Reverb, then went to a channel and rolled the Send Loop number up to 50 ... muted all the other channels and played the one I just activated ... and there it was. Fuckin' reverb. Exactly where you said it would be.

Haha. Thanks for snapping me into reality.

Hehe....no problem, man. We all have brain farts. Mine started about 10 years ago, :D

Back