24 bit wav in Windows Media Player

thanks man..thats just what i needed!
I used to have something installed before that played 24 bit in WMP,
but I lost it in a format and i never could figure out what it was again.

TravisinFlorida said:
your welcome. if you happen to remember what that other codec is at some point i'd be interested in knowing.

I remember asking this question awhile ago and Mindset posted a link to a codec. Not sure if it's the same one or not.

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=226259

Oh and thanks for posting this because I just formatted and need to install the codec again. ;) Forgot about it.

it's a codec (i think!). it allows 24 bit wav audio to be played in wmp. just follow the instructions on the page up there ^ and it should work.

From the mentioned page:

So to install copy the file to a folder on the hard-drive and register as
follows from the run line or a command prompt replacing the path as
required:

regsvr32 "c:\my filters\AudioTypeConvert.ax"

and to uninstall

regsvr32 /u "c:\my filters\AudioTypeConvert.ax"

Here's how I do it. Might be quicker, or might not.

Copy the file into %windir%\system32 (usually C:\Windows\System32). You can get to that folder quickly by going to start -> run and typing: %windir%\system32

I paste the file into that folder. Then CTRL+C on that file to copy it again (from within the \system32 folder).

Find regsvr32.exe and right click it and select "paste". It should register it.

Guess that's just another way of doing it.

HOLY FUCK! i'm gonna have to wait untill i'm sobererer to figure out how to read again....uhhh....type....you know what i mean.

Hm tried installing it and I can't register it. It worked the first time I used it before I formatted and now it's not.

I don't have C++ installed anymore so I can't compile the source code. :(

Saying "LoadLibrary("C:\Windows\System32\AudioTypeConvert.ax") failed - The specified module could not be found".

The file is there, the path is correct, etc. Anyone else having this problem?

Back