24/48 down to 16/44

Shockwave

I have a project going in my Akai dps24 at 24/48. The Akai will dither down to 16/44, but it's really for when you are on your way to a final mix for cd. I just want to be able to record scratch mixes after a session to either cd or a cassette to listen to. What type and brand of converter do you all suggest that I use? I just want to spidf out from the dps24 into a converter box and let that do the dither down to 16/44, and then on to a burner or cassette. Is this possible? I hope I've been clear.

Thanks for the help.

Dan

What's wrong with just mastering using the Akai's dithering? Is it that hard to use?

The Alesis Masterlink is a pretty cool mastering CD burner.

No, it's not a big deal in the Akai at all. I just want to be able to make a quick copy of a session without creating a 2 track mix dithered down in the Akai. It's not hard mind you, but I want an easier way to get SCRATCH mixes. I'm not talking masters here. Is there not such a unit that will dither on the fly for me as an intermediate to getting to a cd burner? Should I just make the connections to a burner and expect that the burner will automatically dither it down on the fly?

Thanks Tex. I've been eyeing the master link too. There also are a couple of Tascam cd/cassette combo units with converters that look very good.

Back