2016 Les Paul

I do like the cut-away to the massive heal block

Yeah, that's the only bad thing about normal Les Pauls. If I shredded at all I'd probably care more about it. Doug Aldrich doesn't seem to care though. He plays the fuck out of a Les Paul.

I was just listening to the video of the 2016 SGs too... I might say that I am almost... almost.. GASing about them. A new cab is higher on my list of priorities though.

I was just listening to the video of the 2016 SGs too... I might say that I am almost... almost.. GASing about them. A new cab is higher on my list of priorities though.

Yeah but how's an SG's "sitting down" balance? :D

An SG is the anti-Les Paul as far as feel goes. It's thin, light, slab-bodied, long-necked, and there's not even a hint of a heel. You have full easy access to any fret you want. You could even "fret" on the bridge pickup if you want to.

Yeah but how's an SG's "sitting down" balance? :D

An SG is the anti-Les Paul as far as feel goes. It's thin, light, slab-bodied, long-necked, and there's not even a hint of a heel. You have full easy access to any fret you want. You could even "fret" on the bridge pickup if you want to.

They just sound amazing and they're under a grand (LOL 999 quid!) now.

Getting a bathroom fitted in January after which I'll be sorting out my cab and possibly changing to Studio 20 H instead of the combo.

I do play standing up plenty! As you know I spend a lot of time playing, re-tracking, writing etc while sitting in front of a PC!

At least they had the good sense to realize most buyers don't want robot tuners, hollowed out bodies, built in wifi transmitters, etc. In a classic guitar model. They discovered the same thing in the 80s with the pink les Pauls and kahler-equipped harmonic dive bomber models. Nothing wrong with some of those things, they just don't belong on classic guitar models, like 20 inch spinner rims with thin profile tires don't belong on a corvette.

, like 20 inch spinner rims with thin profile tires don't belong on a corvette.[/QUOTE]
To be fair, mate, they don't belong on anything!

Back