20 year old Munsters theme

Farview

Greg's post reminded me of this. This is probably from 1995 or so

Attachments

• munsters.mp3
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
Really cool.
The guitar in the left speaker seems a bit dominant. The ending is very abrupt.

Was spooked as well though.

The ending is abrupt because the DAT tape it was on broke as I was transferring it. There's no way to remix it now, the tapes are gone, the machines that play the tapes are gone....

BTW, I believe many of the instruments are played by John from Massive Mastering. I can't remember if I played on this or just recorded and mixed it.

Lol yikes. Metal.

Tell me about the drums. I never got drums that good back in 1995. I don't remember programming/samples being that modern sounding either.

It was a Tama Granstar kit. Beta 52's in the kick. The kick probably had a falam 'plastic disc' pad on them. Pinstripes on the toms. Penis-envy 2000 drum cage. 57 on the snare, Sennheiser 504's on the toms, either mk012 or Cad e200's for overheads.

The drums were tuned low, probably 10, 12, 13, 16. 24 inch kicks 14x5 snare.

Recorded to tascam DA88's and mixed through my old soundcraft ghost with DBX compressors into a dat machine. The only thing the computer would do was run soundforge with CD architect to burn CD's on my X2 scsi burner.

That was my first studio, it had a really nice sounding drum room.

At the time, I was always being asked to get either the Metallica 'black album' or the Pantera drum sound. So that's what I was striving for all the time. It is much easier when you have giant birch toms and huge kicks in a 25 by 19 room with no parallel walls.

It was definately the room. Farview Recording had a drum room that was roughly 12x 14 with 8 foot ceilings. Jem Studios, my old studio had a drum room that was 25x19 with 10 foot ceilings. Munsters was mixed through the board, Earthen Grave was all Nuendo.

All the Jem studio stuff has an openness to it that even the early Farview stuff that was done before switching to a DAW didn't have. It had to be the rooms.

I think your cables are backwards. I get the dominant guitar in my right. Wait, maybe mine are flipped?.....

Nope. :)
The louder guitar is on the left, the brighter one is on the right. It depends on what you think of as 'dominant'.

"Fight!Fight!Fight!Fight!Fight!Fight!Fight!Fight!"

Remember in school, everyone would get in a circle and someone would get their face kicked in. Aaaahhhhhh those were the days.

"Fight!Fight!Fight!Fight!Fight!Fight!Fight!Fight!"

Remember in school, everyone would get in a circle and someone would get their face kicked in. Aaaahhhhhh those were the days.

Those were good times! Well, not for the little guy...

Back