2 questions about Tascam 424 MKII

Oxcyde

Hey guys, recently bought a Tascam 424 MKII, and have 2 basic questions.

1. I've got my MPC 2k output (2 mono jacks left/right) running into the Tascam. The Tascam line-in inputs only have 1 jack input for each channel on the mixer. The inputs are called MIC/LINE Inputs. Can a stereo (TRS) jack go in to these or are they for mono only?
I just bought a cable online (two mono jacks to 1 stereo jack) and waiting for it to arrive. Obviously the stereo jack will go right in to the Tascam.

There are other inputs on the Tascam, such as RCA, and a couple other Stereo jack inputs, but these don't use the mixing console, so I miss out on EQ'ing while recording in. :mad:

I'm thinking, if this only accepts a mono cable, I will need to use two inputs on the Tascam for left and right. I guess I will only know if the first suggestion works when the cable arrives. (Should have asked in this forum before buying it) :facepalm:

2. This second question seems a bit ridiculous, but I've looked everywhere on how to erase a recording on the Tascam 424 MKII. I've read the manual and searched online. It seems like it would be so simple, to erase/blank out a tape to start a fresh recording.

Cheers fellas,
Appreciation in advance.

The 1/4" TS input jacks are unbalanced mono.

To erase a tape, just set all the inputs to "Off" and engage recording on all 4 tracks simultaneously.

:spank::eek:;)

Back