2 questions about n-track

groover_jon

Hi,

I'm a long time cakewalk user but I'm thinking of buying a copy of n-track ( I'm downloading the evaluation version right now), and was wondering about a couple of things.

1. I know n-track supprts dxi's and fx but can you use vsti's and fx with this program?

2. If you were to use it as a sequencer for live work, can you compile your set lists and play them back like you can with cakewalk.

Thanks

Jon.

Hey Jon:

n-Track is a good program that plays nicely with vst and vsti plugins. You won't find as many MIDI options for it as you will with Sonar, but the GUI is a bit more intuitive and it functions nicely as a basic Swiss Army Knife type audio program that will cover most basic production chores. I believe the newest version includes their parametric EQ and compressor, both of which are worth buying on their own. It's probably not quite as stable a platform as Cakewalk is, but is certainly useable enough that it's been my main workhorse for 4 years.

One of the best things the program has going for it is the user community, which can be found in a forum on the fasoft website. There are also a bunch of users in a forum at audiominds.com in addition to this forum. It's a remarkably civil and supportive community which adds to the user-friendliness of the program.

Best regards,

Tio Ed

Back