2 mixers together

ridl

I'm a DJ and I'm currently using the Numark DM1001X mixer. It only has 2 channels and I'd like to use 3+ channels simultaniously(for DJing, still). The mixers I see with 3+ channels only are a bit steep for my price range ($150), and am wondering if it's possible to hook two 2-channel mixers together in a way that they can be used simultaniously(sp) w/o an audible loss of sound quality.
Thanks

But doesn't hooking 2 mixers together degrade the sound quality(I believe I remember trying it and it did)?

Depends on the electronics. You don't get much of a mixer for $150.

If they are noisey, all the noise and garbage coming out of the first mixer will be added and amplified to all the noise and garbage in the second mixer.

By the time you get to the amp and then the speakers it doesn't sound too good.

If you're making any money at all a mixer upgrade should be a future investment.

Senn is right on. With good mixers it's not a problem.

Why do you need more than 2 tables going at once? If you are that good then find the money to get a better mixer ;)

I'm gonna break down(after I have enough money, of course), and get a 3-ch mixer. Sadly I'm still new(10mon)at DJing, but I want to try some stuff with 3 tables. 1 has a general record, 2 has stuff to accentuate it(synths, extra beats), and 3 is either for extra accentuation or for the next record that's gonna go on. So pretty must the same thing, but more versatile and complex.

Back