2 drug or not 2 drug ,dat iz da ?

cflow

90% of all artist I Know use drugs of some sort and the rest of them are just plain korny. Then again , my idiols in the music buz say they dont use it , but my bob marley instinct tells me dat da lyin maan. what do yall tiiinnk maan?:confused:

Alot of musicians do/did use, alot didn't/don't. Don't matter.

I know that the guys in my band suck pretty hard if they are doped/drunk...
And I alsoknow that I did one drunk gig, and the first song I was playing in D instead of D#. Very funny if the guitarplayer retunes his guitar, and the synth-bassplayer retunes his synth just in front of the concert without telling you, and you have to find out what the hell is going on as drunk as you are. :D Didn't hear it untill my solo. Which was kinda outside the chords for the first half. :D

Ever tried transposing all your songs up half a tone on the fly while being drunk? :eek:

btw, Charlie 'bird' Parker couldn't play if he wasn't high, just couldn't.... Other jazzmusicians that were just as good never used drugs...

DOH!

Thats pretty funny @Roel. Man...i know that had to of SUCKED!!! HEy....at least you NOTICED...and could correct.

I've noticed that I think everything sounds WAY BETTER than it really does if i'm inhaling something abnormal...listen to that stuff the next day like...ok.....DELETE!!! Totally counterproductive for me. I'm much better sober...

EXCEPT with vocals...MUST have red wine and green tea to keep the pipes open...by the end of layin' down a rough song...i'm TOAST! But hey..I'm home...guess it doesn't matter.

Re: DOH!

mshea said:
....I've noticed that I think everything sounds WAY BETTER than it really does if i'm inhaling something abnormal...listen to that stuff the next day like...ok.....DELETE!!! Totally counterproductive for me. I'm much better sober.......
I know what cha' mean.
I hate it when my associate Marc gets high as h*ll.
He will work on a track, then the next day he'll say that he doesn't like the track. :rolleyes:
It becomes a BIG waste of time.............. :mad:

In the Mouth....better yet...ever been in a REALLY small vocal booth high????

NEEEEVVVERR AGAIN! That mess gave me NIGHTMARES!!! With the engineers voice coming out of NOWHERE....in this TINY BOX...so insulated you couldn't even SEE the lines where the door was once you were in there...and a teeny tiny window....UUUGGGG. BAD SESSION! BAAAAADDD SESSIOOONNN!!!

Thats just what I mean, MR. Spin. You say your associate got blazed off the vibing session but,next day,he was like daahh,so my???? is. Is talent a musical spirit that comes when your drunk or sober?

c-flow, the answer to your question is in the eye of the beholder.

I myself, create my music when I am sober. ;) Understand, I am not saying that it is wrong to make music when an individual is under the influence of a controlled substance. I am just saying that I don't.
I quit indulging in marijuana 12 years ago. My recreational activity is vodka.
Now, if I still smoked weed or did drugs, would I make music under the influence........... I don't know? I probably wouldn't, considering I don't drink when I produce music (but, I do drink when I mix at the clubs :confused: ).
When it comes down to it, it really doesn't matter. As long as you make PHAT tracks, you can be inebriated or not inebriated (whatever floats your boat). ;)

Re: Re: DOH!

SPINSTERWUN said:
....I hate it when my associate Marc gets high as h*ll.
He will work on a track, then the next day he'll say that he doesn't like the track. :rolleyes: ....

To expound on my post.....
It really pisses me off when Marc gets HIGH, then changes the track around so much that it sounds like sh*t. He will think it sounds AWESOME, but to me it sounds like sh*t. Then, the following day he'll listen to the track and say that it sounds like sh*t to him also. :rolleyes: Then, I'll get even more upset, because we wasted so much time the previous day that he made all the changes. :(

Those damned production partners

AND ... when they make you sit and wait 4ever in your car when
picking them up - burnin the high price gasoline you worked so hard for ..........
thanks for the vent

Hmmm

I write and record sober, but I perform better just a bit drunk...go figger...Guess I just get looser and start having more and more fun with it. Whatever gets the job done...the music is the important thing, not the chemical content of the musician.:cool:

sonnylarsen said:
....I write and record sober, but I perform better just a bit drunk...go figger...Guess I just get looser and start having more and more fun with it. Whatever gets the job done...the music is the important thing, not the chemical content of the musician.:cool:
That is exactly what I was trying to convey. :)

what are drug, adn were can i buy one? ever since i was a boy, i have alwais had the desire to laern about drug, nd what is it, maybe even myself become drug adn be involved in the wonderful thngs a drug does... i hope youl all introdouche me to the great wordl of drug...

Re: Those damned production partners

breakinwax said:
AND ... when they make you sit and wait 4ever in your car when
picking them up - burnin the high price gasoline you worked so hard for ..........
thanks for the vent
Could you be talking about the one and only,...........
DJ AMPM????????????????

Re: Re: Those damned production partners

SPINSTERWUN said:

Could you be talking about the one and only,...........
DJ AMPM????????????????

Yeah - no matter what time of day you go to pick her up she always late !!!

Re: Re: Re: Those damned production partners

breakinwax said:
Yeah - no matter what time of day you go to pick her up she always late !!!
Except for Friday, she was actually outside waiting for us. :eek:

Back