1st Tyme Beatmaker

mv 8800

DesertEase said:
i gotta say DO NOT GET THE MV well thats wut i was told anyway.....on another forum they were talkin bout it and said it has no quantize function and i thought that would be impossible but if they got em and are saying this then it must be true look into a mpc for sampling i myself use software to sample and i haven't gotten any bad critiques by doing so, i had that exact casio for the last year until 3 weeks ago when i got the axiom 61 it's good for just using it as a midi controller when you are just starting out and broke like i was the things u should be focused on now is deciding wut route u wanna take hardware or software? if u go software download the demos and try everything out then go with the one u like best and learn it inside and out
the mv has quantize functions input quantize and play quantize go 2 the roland website and check it out it has the manual on the site also its a button right next 2 the pads that says quantize.so check out the site and interactive demo :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

back at yall

thank all yall cats 4 the advice im run wit hard ware and software i just get pissed off cuz i been having a lot of problems with software as far as latency,drivers,buffers,configuration.i got a tascam us 122 interface that came bundled with cubase and havent been able 2 get 2 record yet and every time icall tech support the lines busy . but ima tuff it cuz idont give on nothin lyricly im at the top of my game!trackwise,im at da bottom but im coming 2 the top believe dat ! im strongwilled and learn fast but humble enough 2learn from any body! and thanks again 4 welcoming me 2 the fam.ps. this what im bout 2 run wit < mv8800>reason<minimotif>tascamdp01fx>behringer ms20 near field monitors> so some body let me know what they think about that combination of hardware and software? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sounds like a good combo to although idk why you would need a hardware recorder when you have a software one and iono where u gettin the cash after just gettin out after 7 years (thas a joke)

So basically we got a bunch of people here that from there replies I can tell have never worked with an MV in their lives, but have read opinions on the web from other proplr who have also never used one and based it on that.

Get the MV, you wont be disappointed.

It does quantize

for the dude above that says its just a sampler and that you wouldnt use it for beat composition? how long have you been makin music man? seriously. Are you nuts? The Roland people will tell you its more project based then the dadgum Fantom , and they are right. It is. You have 64 tracks of midi homie, and 8 tracks of audio, you have a mix, master, and internal OS for DAW, If you cant compose on that then you have some serious issus with your own skill. The MV IS NOT a sampler only. That's like saying that Benz is an air-conditioner. Yeah it has one, but it is a full workstation.

I am convinced that this machine scares people. I mean people dont even look at the specs of these machines.

I cant stand dudes repeateing stuff they HEARD as if its a fact

Last edited:
So basically we got a bunch of people here that from there replies I can tell have never worked with an MV in their lives, but have read opinions on the web from other proplr who have also never used one and based it on that.

Get the MV, you wont be disappointed.

It does quantize

I cant stand dudes repeateing stuff they HEARD as if its a fact

I take it you have the mv 8800:D........I sold mine a while back, basically because it was collecting dust. It just wasn't needed in my chain. I just started making beats! I always had equipment, but my homeboy was the "Real" beatmaker, but he's locked for awhile now so I'm trying to put it to good use.

What did you do, give this thread mouf to mouf?

The MV might have 64 tracks of midi and all that you said im not doubting your 100% right but at the same time what type of sounds does it come with? 128 basic instrument sounds... how many keys does it have?....none 16 pads meaning you cant COMPOSE ANYTHING.... wat can you do with it with out hooking up some kind of outboard gear?... make some basic one shot beats using the pads......

where as if he would have went with the fantom, motif or something along those lines he could do a lot more original compostion type stuff.. so having 64 tracks of midi is pointless with out some kind of outboard sound module and a midi keyboard... and haing 8 tracks of audio is pointless seeing as he wasn't tryin to record vocals and from the post he made he doesnt even have a mic......

so all that bein said dont jump to blast me cause i said i wouldnt get the machine that u seem to love.... no i haven't used one outside of spendin a few hours at guitar center but for what he was looking for and from what ive seen outta the machine by watchin other people use it i wouldnt get one in his situation or mine.

I don't know ya'll I'm a fan the MV's and roland gear in general. I like the idea of being able to work in linear or pattern sequencing on the same machine. I LOVE the idea of being able to connect a monitor and mouse. I wish it had more midi outs. I don't own one but i played with them enuff to know its a good product. I came up on the MPC so it was a thing of NOT trying to operate the thing like an mpc.

For the record you CAN play melodies from the pads, in fact alot of mpc/mv users that like use a lot of stabbing type bassline do it on the pads excusively, kind of feels better.

honestly if i started rebuilding from scratch, there wouldn't be an MPC or an MV in my layout. I'd have a powerful computer, good soundcard and monitors. I'd get one major bread and butter type synth module like a fantom xr, and a synth module like a Virus. Past that it would be all software synths and sequencing. I'd have every kind of midi controller you could have I'm talkin MPD32, Midi keys, a control surface. I could go on.

I gotta be honest though more than anything, I'm wondering why all of these old threads are being bumped.

Back