1st original post for your reviews

No need to apologize...I'm pretty sure even the most impatient among us can wait 7 seconds :).

This sounds very clear and well balanced. I don't hear any problems level-wise. The performance is good...nice technique on the guitars. I guess, subjectively, the whole thing has a kind of sterility to it that throws me off. Maybe this ultra clean sound is exactly what you're going for (maybe just right for the genre?), I just found there to be a lack of rawness or edge to it (maybe the drums most of all?), but again...probably just a matter of taste, and mine may not be that great :p. Well crafted.

No need to apologize...I'm pretty sure even the most impatient among us can wait 7 seconds :).

This sounds very clear and well balanced. I don't hear any problems level-wise. The performance is good...nice technique on the guitars. I guess, subjectively, the whole thing has a kind of sterility to it that throws me off. Maybe this ultra clean sound is exactly what you're going for (maybe just right for the genre?), I just found there to be a lack of rawness or edge to it (maybe the drums most of all?), but again...probably just a matter of taste, and mine may not be that great :p. Well crafted.

Thanks for the input, it was written to enter a contest for a video game soundtrack, but did not finish it in time for entry.

Very nice lead guitar work.
Recording sounds very well-balanced to me. Might need a bit more pump down below, especially the kick sounds a bit thin. Otherwise the drums sound very good. Nice piece, well done!

Joe :):):)

the first 7 seconds were perfect :)

ok now I get to be the bad guy. This doesn't sound like it's gelling everything is up front it's off. With the great guitar tracks and all the effects it sounds like the drums were the only thing recorded in a room thus makes it hard to listen to it they stand out. It sounds like you clipped the snare or the toms a few times aswell. Everything should sound like it's all part of one preformance and this is done by using image and depth and this is lacking in both

2 options lighten up on the guitar effects or add them to the drums as well

I refuse to be the nice guy do you want to get better or have everyone tell you your awesome?

this is not the same exact thing you got going on, but have a listen to this track maybe this will explain what I'm saying about everything gelling

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=78362132 theres nothing like you

it's like your trying to create a cohesive vibe. Where everything fits the same virtual room so to speak. So you give the drums the same type of reverb an depth in the mix or you lighten up on the other tracks to blend them so nothing sticks out as to dry or to wet or to far back or to upfront. It's an art and you can hear it when you get it right cause it just sounds normal. When it sounds real like you can belive everything was all in this one space your 90% there

Back