1950s/60s death metal?

GreenDank

Anyone know of bands that use recording techniques and equipment from the 50s/60s to play a type of antiquated death metal? This is my plan for the next tune. Kind of a 1960s Celtic Frost. I guess death metal by definition might necessitate modern production and equipment, so perhaps it should be called more of a death metal precursor.

Listening to Chuck Berry, I began to realize I would love to hear how death metal would have been played with that early production. Me thinks it would be nice and raw and real. I'm kind of growing tired of the how-loud-can-you-go and having "brutal" music sound so crystal clean and sterile. Perhaps that was Dark Throne's intention with A Blaze in the Northern Sky, but even that has guitars that would only have been done with modern amps and/or distortion pedals.

I'm not sure, but I feel as if it's certain that Fonzie would have to be involved at some level.

Morbid curiosity has captured my attention.
Do let us know how your experiment turns out!

will do! you gave me a good idea: maybe a 1950s style death metal song about the drag race gone bad, and of course the greaser zombie that emerges from the wreckage craving brains.

GreenDank said:
will do! you gave me a good idea: maybe a 1950s style death metal song about the drag race gone bad, and of course the greaser zombie that emerges from the wreckage craving brains.

Don't forget the dead or dying girlfriend. :eek:

Cramps or even 5,6,7,8s kind delve into that modern going backward thing, the death metal angle makes me think of inna-godda-da-voda gone bad, but it certianly has potential...

Daav

Back