16,000th Thread in the Mic Forum. [Sterling Audio Mics]

woohoo!

anyways, does anyone know of a mic i can use on rap vocals for under $15?

just kidding.

anyone have any experience with sterling audio mics? i've not heard of them until quite recently, but i'm interested. hoping to get some opinions.

i've heard something about them being the old factory for groove tubes mics, but i'm not 100% on that. doesn't guitar center distribute them exclusively (potential red flag)-- i may be wrong on that.
it sounded a little like the violet vs. blue situation.

i've heard something about them being the old factory for groove tubes mics, but i'm not 100% on that. doesn't guitar center distribute them exclusively (potential red flag)-- i may be wrong on that.
it sounded a little like the violet vs. blue situation.

At least according to the guy's at GC yesterday....you are dead on about that.
They tried to get me to buy the model 55 (I forget the prefix, SA or something) it was 200$, one of them claimed it to be (the model 55) the single most crystal clear mic they'd ever heard.....this after spending the last 6 years in the studio recording with "tons" of different mics.
It very well could be but I just didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling about it, specially when I asked about bringing it back :eek:

At least according to the guy's at GC yesterday....you are dead on about that.
They tried to get me to buy the model 55 (I forget the prefix, SA or something) it was 200$, one of them claimed it to be (the model 55) the single most crystal clear mic they'd ever heard.....this after spending the last 6 years in the studio recording with "tons" of different mics.
It very well could be but I just didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling about it, specially when I asked about bringing it back :eek:

personally, i wouldn't/haven't put much stock in what they tell you there. once in a while you'll find someone who actually knows what they're talking about, but it's very rare. there's a gc fairly close to where i live, but i've managed to avoid it for several years-- thanks al gore :)!

personally, i wouldn't/haven't put much stock in what they tell you there. once in a while you'll find someone who actually knows what they're talking about, but it's very rare. there's a gc fairly close to where i live, but i've managed to avoid it for several years-- thanks al gore :)!

Good advice !

The one I used to go to a while back would let me do just about anything and had at least one person that I knew first hand had a fair bit of real world studio and giging experience.
Plus, He would let me bring back a mic if it didn't suit me, (he probably shouldn't ....health reasons maybe) helped that he was the manager.

Anyway, as it turns out, I may now be interested in the very mic I shunned yesterday, go figure, but hey you gotta research right :)

Back