$100 (serious) for your help

BLISS

Willing to give ANYONE $100 cash (UPON GETTING IT TO WORK) to help me get
this situation resolved. Trying to get this to SYNCHRONIZE together:
BRC/SMPTE&MTC set (midi out) into
MOTU xpress XT (midi in #5)
then I set my (MOTU Console) from SYNCH OUT
to SYNCH IN (I guess)
anyway, now my CUBASE should be set to receive on the MXPXT OUTPUT, somewhere between all of this, it's not configuring as the books say they should.

I'm confused, one book says connect via MMC (midi machine control) I dont want that, the other book states, connect via SMPTE&MTC, which are basically the same in one, but somewhere in the mix, it's not configuring, IF YOU ARE IN THE NY, NJ area please contact me, this is serious or call 212-237-4283 ask for BLISS. I will pick you up, the misses will cook for you and have great hospitality.

As I am told, the BRC should be the MASTER and everything else slaves to it, The BRC& ADAT -MASTER
MOTU -- slave
Cubase -slave, this I understand but it's not working for me. I have many tracks, but I cant put them

parellel port, No USB

when I mean console ( I mean on the computer where you make the connections for MOTU
ASR10 to ASR10
ASR10 to JV1080
ASR10 to Planet Phatt and so forth

Never mind the above regarding MTC. You're going to need to make sure the BRC is outputting SMPTE. It's on the same page in the manual though.

You're going to need to go SMPTE out via the BRC's SMPTE OUT to the MIDI Express XT via its SMPTE IN. Then, out of the MIDI Express XT via its Parallel Port to your computer via its Parallel Port.

Also make sure Cubase it set-up to receive MMC from an external source to it can slave sync.

And make sure you have correctly set-up the MIDI Express XT correctly by configuring it to receive the same amount of frames the BRC is outputting and its coverting it to MMC.

The MIDI Express XT came with software for your computer too, right? Well did you install it and configure it correctly too?

It's not that CUBASE wont slave to the BRC
my main delemma is UNDERSTANDING the science of it. Like umm, the BRC is putting out SMPTE&MTC (got it) it's going into the MOTU via midi in # 5 (got it), now somewhere in between here I'm NOT SURE if they way I have it is CORRECT, also in cubase in the SYNC setup, it asks for: TimeBase-MTC, ASIO2.0,MMC etc.., then asks for OUTPUT-which is #5 from MOTU cause that's coming from the BRC.

AAAAAAANYWAY somewhere in between there is something I'm missing and for the life of me I cant pinpoint it, CUBASE will slave, or at least it should, cause I havent fully seen the effects of it working being I havent successfully gotten through the BRC to MOTU problem, that's why I asked someone to come out. I've been calling MOTU (busy) even called ALESIS (brc) and they have you on hold for eons----whewwww! I've been producing everyone elses tracks at other studios, just finished mixing 2 tracks this weekend, but when it comes to my stuff, I cant get my tracks to my ADAT, I mean it's upsetting me, that I cant EEEEVEN DO MY OWWWN MUSIC, so I really have to get this, I live for this

yeah, and I also downloaded pages 71--79, (think that was it) it was with SYNCHING or something, and I read my manual at home.

I set it up the way they said, MIDI OUT (because that's to be the time base)to MIDI IN of interface (THAT'S IT) set it to OUTPUT SMPTE&MTC, set to INTERNAL (throwing up my hands) I dont know

"the BRC is putting out SMPTE&MTC (got it) it's going into the MOTU via midi in # 5 (got it)"

Ahhh Isn't the SMPTE OUT of the BRC a 1/4" output? And the SMPTE IN of the MIDI Express XT a 1/4" input?

"SYNC setup, it asks for: TimeBase-MTC, ASIO2.0,MMC"

MMC is what you want.

"then asks for OUTPUT"

Output of what?

"I set it up the way they said, MIDI OUT (because that's to be the time base)to MIDI IN of interface (THAT'S IT) set it to OUTPUT SMPTE&MTC, set to INTERNAL (throwing up my hands) I dont know"

Huhhh?

You want the BRC to output SMPTE and the MIDI Express XT to input SMPTE from the BRC, convert the SMPTE into MMC, and output MMC to Cubase in the computer.

RE: disregard the MTC post you sent

(ha ha) you must have sent one when I was typing, anyway yeah I did have software and I installed correctly (to my recolection I did)
all of my music plays via CUBASE, I get my sounds to play, so I figure it's done correctly (to my recolection) and I just switched from a MOTU micro xpress to the MOTU midi express XT, so I just installed that like two weeks ago, and I bought it from a second hand music store here in the city, it's reputable dont misjudge the word (second hand) but anyway (to my recolection) it's installed correctly,---- WAIT --- when I turn on my computer, it says "computer cannot read midi express" but I hit cancel and bring up Cubase and vwala, I change the MXPXT to it's correct MIDI output and my songs come up --- "dont fix what aint broke I say"

You are correct, the SMPTE is 1/4 plug, and my dumb ass has a MIDI OUT going into the MOTU --(dumb, dumb, dumb, dummy)

I'm trying to have the BRC control the CUBASE & ADAT, so when I track my stuff, it's all aligned, far as time & locking, that's what I'm trying to accomplish

So when I setup BRC(SMPTE OUT) into MOTU(SMPTE IN) that should help out hungh!, I guess I was under the impression since other people with their BRC have it MIDI OUT into their setup -- then people where telling me to set it up that way to.

I had everything from JL Cooper DATA SYNCH to an extra patchbay, and I heard to have a BRC was best to control ADAT & Sequencers, so I went and bought that to be (quote un quote) in the loop. Well thanks for your time and effort, really THANKS, I hope this works out for me, I really need to get MY songs out and stop doing for everyone else, I get paid which isnt to bad, but to have your stuff heard is simply the BEST

Well I guess play around with that for an hour or two and see where it takes you; I have a feeling you'll be able to figure it out from here.

If you get stuck or have any more questions, just give another haller.

Dont you mean 2 or 3 ----days (ha ha ha ha)
naww I know I can get it, but you know these terminologies can cause an epileptic seizure
(ha ha ha) I'm delving deep into this, cause this is my livelihood ya know.

(thinking) thanks for your help, but you sure did miss out on one of the misses tastiest dishes "Turkey Lasagne" and homemade "peach pie", but hey, thanks anyway ---(smile)

I've made the necessary connections, but I had to get ready for a trip to MIAMI (tomorrow) so I couldnt dwell inside the intricate things. But it's SMPTE OUT/BRC into the SMPTE IN/MXPXT --via--1/4 plug---
(ha ha ha), but also in the BRC manual it says once I set the GEN SYNC OUT, it will put out via MIDI OUT or SMPTE OUT, I set it to output SMPTE & MTC (thinking, should it be one or the other, not both together ?)

I'll figure it out when I get back.
Thanks a bunch

Back