10 seperate tracks- help!

hd1903

whats the best options to record atleast 8 or 10 seperate tracks for the money. i would buy the aardvark q with the pre's, but for the same money or a little more would a 10 in/out card and then a mixer get better results, better pre's? my problem offcourse is the drums, and i don't know how the quality of the pre's on the q and the mixer ones compare. how much would i have to spend on a mixer to get the seperate 10 pre's better than on the q, and then what card, delta 10?

i know nothing about any recording but the aardvark strikes me in having it all in one, plus i can add another card if needed and not worry bout buying a bigger mixer. i'd like to keep it all under 1000$ for this, but if anyone wants to step it up a little for reference also, would be cool. i just want to fully record my drums/band(not just live) and want the best , but can't spend 5 or 10 grand.
i just don't want to spend 800-1000 and for 1200 or 1400 having a world of a difference, i'll spring for something thats clearly noticable.

thanks ,through all my confusion. and long post are very welcomed, i'm new and feel lost.

you arent gonna find a mixer/soundcard combo that sounds better than the Q10 for less.......

Back