10 RealTraps MiniTraps Acoustic Treatment Absorbers/Traps/Diffusers - $975

JgoodmanIntern

TEN (10) LIKE NEW, EXCELLENT CONDITION REALTRAP MINITRAPS FOR STUDIO ACOUSTIC TREATMENT - SOUND ABSORPTION, TRAPPING, AND DIFFUSING.

SIZE: 2ft. x 4ft.
CONFIGURATION: 6 MiniTraps at standard frequency absorption, 4 MiniTraps at high frequency absorption
COLOR: Wheat

I personally purchased these RealTraps MiniTraps in November of 2007, and have been using them in my recording studio. They are in excellent condition. Please email me for additional photos, information, or offers.

MiniTraps are 2 by 4 feet, 3-1/4 inches thick, and weigh 18 pounds. Despite their small size these are real performers that have exceptional specs, especially at low frequencies. MiniTraps perform far better than anything else in their price range, and better than products that cost a lot more too!

When mounted in corners MiniTraps absorb very well to below 80 Hz, and are still effective (0.30) to as low as 40 Hz. One reason MiniTraps are so much more effective than other treatments is the air gap behind the panels. When mounted on a wall with a spacer, sound gets behind a MiniTrap so its rear surface can also absorb. This air gap increases absorption as much as fifty percent, and also extends absorption to lower frequencies when compared with flat wall mounting. When placed straddling a corner the absorption is even greater, especially at low frequencies. Not only because sound waves can get to the back of the trap, but also because low frequencies tend to focus in corners.

The High Frequency model absorbs more at mid and high frequencies. Where standard MiniTraps are intentionally semi-reflective at higher frequencies, the HF type trades slightly less low frequency performance for maximum absorption above 200 Hz. This is useful for reducing echoes and excess ambience, or to treat first reflection points in a listening room.

Back