1 screen, 2 screen, 3 screen 4?

How many screens hooked up to your pc.

• Total voters
one, but I'm getting awfully close to adding another.

I can't wait for the day when I have 3 Flat panel 19" LCD monitors in my 500k doollar studio! :rolleyes:

I currently have 2 19" LCD's. I keep Cubase spread out between them. My two LCD's are running on an ATI PCI Xpress card. I really want to add a third monitor so I can keep the RME Totalyser on it (RTA, Phase meter, stereo graph, and both peak and RMS meters). I am guessing that I can just add a simple PCI graphics card to use for the third monitor? Originally I was thinking to get the same brand of card to keep the drivers all in the same family. Now I am thinking it might be better to get a completely different brand so that the drivers can actually be more seperate so one doesn't try and share with another somehow and create difficulties.

So my questions are....

1.) Can I add a PCI graphics card if I already have a PCI express card installed?
2.) If I can, are there any known conflict issues?
3.) Any thoughts as to whether or not I should get the same or a differnt brand based on my thoughts above?

The studio that I do most of my recording/mixing at uses one screen. I'm doing all the mixing on a board, so there isn't much of a need for 2 screens (I usually have the edit window in Pro Tools up most of the time, using it as a tape machine). The other room I use has a D-Control, and that has a screen attatched to it, plus a projection screen on the wall where I will have my edit window.

At home I use one. I'm too cheap to invest in another :o ....

laptop

is there a way to get 2 screens on a laptop my whole production is ran off the top i use reason 2.5 dose any 1 have any suggestions on how i can do this thanx

cultureofgreed said:
KVM Switches are much cheaper then a second monitor.

Your missing the point. The othe rmonitor is not for another computer but these guys are talkign about hooking multiple monitors to ONE computer so that all your meters and windows dont get cluttered, so you can see everything.

Right now I'm using a 17" CRT... yep. I'd love to have 3 19" LCD monitors, one for the arrange/wave editing, the other for the mixer, the 3rd for VST/VSTi.

Nick The Man said:
i actually just have a CRT and a sony trinatron TV

i do alot of video editing so it is beneficial to have one hooked up so you can adjust for brightness and placement

tvs are so differant from computer monitors

Nick the Man, and Boomtap,
I want to set up a DAW which has video editing capabilities in adition to audio recording.

Can you both outline what specs. you'd recommend for hardware for a DAW that can also do video editing?

I know this is a tangent to this thread, but I have asked this in another thread and there don't seem to be many people here who are doing video as well as audio, and I don't want to end up with a system with any conflicts.

I will be using Sonar 4 Producer Ed., and am a PC person, rather than Mac.

Thanks,

Geert.

I have one, because I didn't even know it was possible/at all necessary to add more until recently. I might up to two soon.

I bought(found) my new Emachines computer in the donate pile in a local thrift store. It has a very nice looking sound card(pci), but I wanted to use both the built in card, and the PCI card for seperate moniters, but the built in one does nothing at all. Where can this be fixed?

Back