1/4 adapter to RCA

snakeyez

Will there be difference in sound if you are coming out of a DMP3 1/4 out jack, running it into a 1/4 - RCA adapter and run the RCA into a sound card, as opposed to just running the 1/4 line straight into the sound card?

Will there be difference in sound if you are coming out of a DMP3 1/4 out jack, running it into a 1/4 - RCA adapter and run the RCA into a sound card, as opposed to just running the 1/4 line straight into the sound card?

The signal coming out the output of the DMP-3 is balanced, meaning that on the TRS connection, you have ground, and then the signal, and the signal flipped in phase. If you just plug a non-TRS jack (a tip-sleeve) 1/4" plug into the output that has an RCA connector on the other side, you are omitting one half of the output, which I believe cuts the power of the signal by 3-6dB. I would recommend, if you have balanced inputs, to use them, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if you didn't, I reckon :p

The Delta 44 is a ballanced system (TRS) and the Delta 1010lt is Unballanced (RCA-Accept for the 2 Ballanced Mic preamps/Line inputs) so if you have the chioce of either then going into into the Delta 44 with a Ballanced cable would be best.....

You loose 6db of Gain from Unballanceing a Ballanced output and loose the Benefits of have a Ballanced signal but if the Cable run is short you shouldn"t really notice any difference in sound useing Ballanced or Unballanced lines....

:D

Back