Favourite Sci Fi?

kcearl

I see deaf people
Ive always liked the genre...from This Island Earth to Star Wars and BBC stuff like the original Survivors and kids programmes The Changes, Tomorrow People, Dr Who

Modern stuff like Firefly/Serenity and Jericho were both excellent and underrated imo...the new Star Trek was a fairly good reboot...whats yours?

Firefly is my newest favorite. Definitely underrated and sadly short-lived.

I love the 2009 Star Trek cast. They all nailed their characters without imitating the original cast members. Very convincing. The retro style really works too. I'm looking forward to the new one.

Firefly is my newest favorite. Definitely underrated and sadly short-lived.

I love the 2009 Star Trek cast. They all nailed their characters without imitating the original cast members. Very convincing. The retro style really works too. I'm looking forward to the new one.

yeah...the story was pretty weak once they got the backgrounds out of the way but they were good choices for the parts and it looked excellent..

If your on netflix give jericho a try...takes few episodes and its low budget, but the ideas great I think

yeah...the story was pretty weak once they got the backgrounds out of the way but they were good choices for the parts and it looked excellent..

If your on netflix give jericho a try...takes few episodes and its low budget, but the ideas great I think

Star Trek (2009) was definitely a backstory type of film. With that out of the way, they should be able to focus on plot development in the newer films.

Thanks for the recommendation on Jericho. I'll give it a go.

Jericho was excellent.

I use to love Sci-fi, but with my time restraints, I only watch a few tv shows and the last movie I watched was Jango.

The Walking Dead

Shameless

Big Bang

and eagerly awaiting Falling Sky's on TNT

I like sci fi movies with "the" in the title.
"the fly"
"the deep"
"the thing"
Those are 3 good ones

I love the old school stuff. Forbidden Planet, The Day The Earth Stood Still, The Thing, Them. I could watch all the time. I just got a flat screen TV with a VGA input and hooked an old lap top to it and have been streaming YouTube. I've seen more old 50's scifi movies that I didn't even know existed in the last month. VERY cool. A lot of newer scifi seems to be splatter based and that doesn't do anything for me. I did like Avitar.
I used to live for Dr Who. Tom Baker was the best.

Tomorrow People was the business.

The Prisoner was always a favorite, Quatermass was cool. I grew up on cheap British Sci Fi like Blakes Seven so when the well produced US stuff came along it was all good.

It peaked with Blade Runner and has never beaten that for me.

So who was your Doctor?

DANGER WILL ROBINSON!.

Yup.I've seen a few new ones on the net that weren't up to par with the original.

Same format, same gags, same everything except higher production values. Red Dwarf was never about production values, now it just seems dated. Old wine in new bottles. I'm still a huge Dwarf fan though..

Back