DAW Users With ADD

It's here!

I'm wearing my pajamas all day. Being lazy and watching football are my goals for the day.

Packers
Bad, worse than bad.
They looked like a team that doesn't know what they will look like next year. The public consensus is that there must be significant changes or interest is going to wane.

Baby it's cold outside
Too cold, too soon, too much.

Eff this.:mad:

Bands
Nothing good lasts forever.
A friend who runs a local open jam came over yesterday. He was telling me about how his band is falling apart. He started the band with a friend who he basically coached into playing shape and now this guy is inviting more people into their practices to the point where it's more of a jam than a band practice. It is this guys house they are playing at, but I can tell you my friend is the most talented guy in the band and it's his ability to manage the band to work within their abilities is his strength. Knowing the members I can tell you it's a case of where the sum is greater than the parts and I give my friend the credit.

Anyways, he's talking about walking away and starting from scratch again.

Happy New year!

Bands
Nothing good lasts forever.
A friend who runs a local open jam came over yesterday. He was telling me about how his band is falling apart. He started the band with a friend who he basically coached into playing shape and now this guy is inviting more people into their practices to the point where it's more of a jam than a band practice. It is this guys house they are playing at, but I can tell you my friend is the most talented guy in the band and it's his ability to manage the band to work within their abilities is his strength. Knowing the members I can tell you it's a case of where the sum is greater than the parts and I give my friend the credit.

Anyways, he's talking about walking away and starting from scratch again.
[/B]
Yep. Makes you want to get knee cymbals, a bass drum, harmonica around your neck, a mic, and a guitar.

FBC684C2-2680-43C7-AC65-356E003E0097.jpeg

No, but the O coordinator is open, no?

It's only a title, McCarthy is the OC.

I'm in wait and see mode right now. I've got the Badger Bandwagon to jump on if things go south in Green Bay.;):D

I'm thinking we're getting another Patriots Super Bow this year.l:yawn::yawn::yawn:

Heat wave!
After two weeks of single digits and low teens it's going to rocket up to the thirties this week. Only three more months of misery until things start looking up.

LATER!!!

Back to school
I'll be taking my son back to Madison tomorrow, it may be the last extended stay at home for my son. He lives off casmpus and has a summer job with the school lined up and his first job will probably be someplace other than Milwaukee or Wisconsin. There has also been some talk of him getting his masters, which we are supportive of.
My daughter goes back to school on Tuesday, she'll be taking the bus from home. She is the frustrating one, I'm holding out hope that she "wakes up", but I get the feeling she'll be living at home when she's forty.:(

Today
One of my favorite ways to spend weekends is the combination of watching football and cooking. Today I'll be making a massive batch of ribs and spaetzels too. We always take some food over to the in-laws as they aren't doing well and some pre-cooked meals helps lighten the load for them.

Gear
Over Christmas I bought a pedal from MF that was back ordered. I have no actual use for this but I got it cheap and I'm a sucker for different colored electronic boxes that you can plug a guitar into. I wasn't paying too close of attention because as it turns out, there is no battery, you must use an adapter for it. I'll keep it, but I'll never buy a mini pedal again, I think it's actually too small. If you put these next to each other you would be in danger of stepping on two pedals at once.

The weather
Don't ask.:(

LATER!!!!

I call it the next Crash coming, Subprime College Loans, is my perception of it all. Trillions in govt and banking debt and no frkn way theres enough good jobs to support all the college grads, especially with Baby Boomers too broke to retire and get out of the workforce and open up jobs for the next generation. Its interesting this Subprime Lending for College is so similar to Subprime Lending for Homes of the 2008-2010 crash.

And what most people, myself anyway, was unaware of is when we think of College Debt and Trillions in Govt College Subprime Loans, we mistakenly think of big brick State colleges handing out legitimate college degrees aka "real degrees".
But the real problem is not these but the Online Scam fake colleges that produce subprime degrees which are worthless but qualify for the Govt Loan Subprime cash too....this is where huge scam sham Govt College and Bank loan money is going to. Worthless College degrees to Subprime students going to Subprime Online fake colleges.

SuBprime Loan motto was EVERYONE can OWN A HOME! is now EVERYONE CAN GO TO COLLEGE!
The Big Short part 2- relese date to be announced :drunk:

SuBprime Loan motto was EVERYONE can OWN A HOME! is now EVERYONE CAN GO TO COLLEGE!
The Big Short part 2- relese date to be announced :drunk:

As a parent with two kids in school this is a subject of interest.

I think we should focus more on getting kids careers than educations, not that they're mutually exclusive. I think this whole idea of "You can be whatever you want to be" makes a better bumper sticker than a life plan. I don't care if my waiter has a degree in philosophy and I don't want to pay for it either. An education is an investment in a tool that will help you perform a job. Whether you use that tool or not is on the individual, not society. If I buy a truck and I don't make enough money to pay for it should I be off the hook? We would all like to be artists and philosophers, but people need food, houses and other mundane things.

yo.. my kid graduated May, the bills came in about 6 month later as agreed with these "college" loans to about $70k.
I went frugal and was fortunate enough to pay cash for the living expenses for 5yrs...putting off about everything from new roofs to anything I could put off.

being a non-minority working stiff we qualified for no handouts. her grades got some small handouts total of 5yrs $5k shcolarships. many scholarships are $200 as you might know.

so yeah two loans, Fed # 1 max'd at its $35k is about $500 month due every month and the College Loan #2 is about $500 month for $38kish..... so she has $1000 month to pay.
the loans are in groups of semesters so there is temptation to consolidate but if you do that the payments never go down, while paying each one separately the monthly will at least go down as you pay.

a good friend of mine had 4 kids in and he signed up for Parent Plus and is $180k in debt now. He and his wife have always worked. Nurse and Engineer.

Stories of the kids friends have been common and real, with some taking 1yr in Private college and dropping out only to come home with $40,000 in debt and not sure what they want to be. Others finished with $100k in debt and work a job they could have gotten without a degree. Others have better luck.

Yeah, Im done with it as far as the paying for the room and board and cars and gas and insurance and cell phones and internet and books and blahblahblah....thats over.

Now its like cleaning up after a tornado hit.

I guess we are fortunate she landed a job right away and yet with the $1000 month college debt monthly, its hard for her to get apartments and cars and stuff. She had a few credit cards too she lived off of and its a mess but being cleaned up.

With the factorys and manufacturing taking off to China over the past decades, college is the "new factory" job and keeps the post high-schoolers active and forced into a job training thing.

I was lucky in a poor mans way to be able to help the kid pay some debt down which will at least get her down to only the Fed College Loan of $35k which is about $500 month with interest (Trump and suits want to cut out the interest write off...thats nice)

Colleges have had enormous growth and costs to build buildings and hire is happening, but isnt the root cause the factory jobs are disappeared? A lot of people going to college would have done fine in a factory life and a small town income world is what a lot of kids did after high school. Now those jobs gone, what do you do? College or Fast Food, WalMart, Entrepeneur, Landscaping.....

heres the Job Outlook from the Govt, its pretty well done.

Home : Occupational Outlook Handbook: : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Attachments

• jobs.png
    jobs.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 9
My daughter has her Masters. She’s 40 and has paid off all her college debt. Helped that she worked while getting her Masters and got some tuition reimbursement.

My son has a Bachelors with some Masters credits. He’s 35 and still owes money. Not sure how much, but I think it’s still quite a bit.

They’re both terrible with money. If fact, my son has already declared bankruptcy once. Unfortunately they don’t toss out college debt in that process. :(

Although my daughter has no college debt, I’m pretty sure they have a golden idol in her image at her credit card company. :rolleyes:

I read on the gov site 7% get get Masters or PHD and 38% finish the Bachelors.
So 62% either dont finish or dont go. Looking at the gov site the pay is separating, $100k or $30k.

But do you have a better life with $30k yr and no college debt or $100k yr and debt until your 40?

Im talking mainly Public College, the Private Colleges are 3 times this. Has it always been like this or is it just new to those of us going through it for the first time?

If I recall my brother in the 70's was in debt $40k and it took him 30yrs to pay it off in minimum payments. Public College...so in 2017 money whats $40k?

Back