HomeRecording on the Radio!

Very Cool Interview!

And because of your personal inspirational involvement in my whole H/R thang I captured it (flawlessly) from WMP v9 snagged by Vegas Video 3. 38:40 in total, 219.5 MB in 22KHz/16 bit .wav format, 27.3MB in 96Kbps .mp3 and 9MB in 32kbps mono format.

Dragon, I like your site. Even if you're not here. I have run into the, "too many logged on" thing quite a few times, but it really has never bothered me. I just go to another site for a few minutes, then come back. It's not that big of a deal.

drstawl said:
Very Cool Interview!

And because of your personal inspirational involvement in my whole H/R thang I captured it (flawlessly) from WMP v9 snagged by Vegas Video 3. 38:40 in total, 219.5 MB in 22KHz/16 bit .wav format, 27.3MB in 96Kbps .mp3 and 9MB in 32kbps mono format.
Was the issue of site over-congestion discussed in the interview?

I wanted to thank Dragon again for taking part in a great interview. He was most gracious and talked about a wide variety of subjects. Dragon represented his site and users very well in my opinion and had some great comments on current events and future happenings. Many of which I am sure you all will be interested in hearing about.

For those of you who missed it you can hear it from the archives HERE along with our previous shows.

We do this show weekly on Tuesdays at 4PM PST for those who are interested on keeping up on the things that musicians like to know about.

Again, Dragon, thanks for taking part and I look forward to hearing from you again.

Hmm.. curious. Try right clicking on the URL and then opeing it in Windows Media Player 9 using the Open URL option under File.

These aree WMA files and should play in either player but I have seen instances where they do not. Opening it by URL has helped out in these cases.

If not let me know and we can see about an alternative method for you.

Just a question Gidge, can you play any of the other archives? I would like to know if it's these segments specificaly. Thanks.

nevermind....been trying all day and as soon as i posted it worked.....go figure......

Nice interview! The ideas regarding the future of this site sound great. Something we should in the future that wasn't mentioned in the interview would be to maybe have real-life get-togethers with people on this site, and maybe even broadcast them over the internet and maybe record them too... ...now that would be cool!

LOL

We'll be having the 4th main festival this August. And thats not including the many smaller meetings of members that have taken place in the past.

Joe

Well after being here for over 4 yrs it's easy to become cynical where the upper echelon of this site are concerned...........and that in itself is a pity.

:cool:

DS_Sultan said:
Hmm.. curious. Try right clicking on the URL and then opeing it in Windows Media Player 9 using the Open URL option under File.

These aree WMA files and should play in either player but I have seen instances where they do not. Opening it by URL has helped out in these cases.

If not let me know and we can see about an alternative method for you.

Just a question Gidge, can you play any of the other archives? I would like to know if it's these segments specificaly. Thanks.
I tried using both Netscape and IE (latest of both) and it fails.... Windows Media Player reports that it could not play the file because of its format.

I'm running the latest WMP...

I also tried the Play URL method you suggested and it also fails with the same error...

Is there a specif port that needs to be open for the protocol?

Curious. I am able to get the files to play by using the Media icon from the IE6 menu at the top. Have that open, then click on an archive link.

Right-clicking did not work for me either. I am working with the station to find out why this might be happening, as it should work in WMP.

Please bear with me as I find out why this is happening.

Sullt.

DS_Sultan said:
For those of you who missed it you can hear it from the archives HERE along with our previous shows.

Q! see above. That's how I listened to it yesterday.

I especially enjoyed D's discussion of the origin of the site!

This place *IS* a great site, and has now become a MASSIVE recording information database; I have to admit that it was one of the articles on the front page of the site that led me here. I had no idea that my computer could be a digital recorder 2 years ago until I stumbled upon one of Dragon's articles about how to rig the WindowsRecorder to record more than 1 minute of audio, lol. (this was an article on the site itself, not the BBS...remember the site?, lol).

It was cool listening to the interview and being reminded of how I got here. The spirit was originally a pure antruistic sharing of information by Dragon.

He really sounds like a great guy, although he's so hopelessly out of touch with this site that it makes me sad. :(

Rock on man...and please fix this place.

Back