Modding guitar effects for line level

Blue Jinn

Rider of the ARPocalypse
Working on a project where space (and cost) are major factors. Found some great projects at tonepad.com, which are mostly guitar effects. I am wanting to put these together with a set of preamps all in one small box. Therefore, I need everything to be line level. Using this as an example:

http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=121

From what I know (which isn't much):

I need to adjust the input and output impedance to work with the other line level gear. (10-50k input impedance, as low as possible output impedance.) I should increase the supply voltage to give the unit greater headroom.

I should be able to a change the input resister to something like 10k-50k to lower input impedance (or perhaps a 10k-50k pot for an input level control)

I should eliminate the output pot to reduce the output impedance, or replace with a smaller resistor and/or a Jensen output isolator (JT-OLI-3).

I should be able to increase the operating voltage to 12-15v.

Am I right?

Thanks

You have nothing to worry about , Most pedals will put out a line level low impedance output .......

Most distortion pedals have a very high input impedance ( 1M +) and a low output impedance (50 ohm - 1k) ... There is no problem connecting a low impedance output into a High impedance input , you just don"t connect a high impedance output into a low impedance input like a guitar into line level gear .....

So basicly there is no need to do anything or make any changes as long as your guitar signal goes through a pedal curcuit first before going into any line level gear .....

Cheers

PS :If your Guitar has active electronics it allready has a low impedance output and can be plugged into line level gear without a pedal to buffer the signal , you can also easilly add active electronics to your passive pickups and get a low impedance and boosted signal ....

Back