Aw4416

Jaevern Dorelec

Please help!
I own a Yamaha AW-4416 that’s been an amazing desk since 2001. I put it in storage for a few years, and when I pulled it out, the Dallas chip battery was dead. I found a new chip at Digikey, carefully took it apart, found a company who does microsoldering and after I put it back together, it recorded as it should on the internal h.d. The one issue I noticed is it now shows the correct day and month, but it thinks its 1985. This was curious, but didn’t seem to affect the recording and playback. Since I had a ton of files on that h.d. from work recorded 10 years ago, I backed up my files and formatted the drive to have enough space for my new projects.
Now I can’t get the new recorded material to play back.
I defragged the drive, but still nothing. I can get sound from the mics to come thru my monitors, and see that as per the blue lines that it seems to be saving the recording, but no sound comes out no matter what I’ve tried. I’ve reached out to Yamaha days ago, but so far nobody’s called me back. Is there anyone out there that can assist me?
I’d be VERY GRATEFUL is there was.

I just searched, and found this: https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/design/technical-documents/app-notes/5/52.html

It gives a lot of technical information, and explains how the chip works. Even has some code fragments.
It is worth a read, even if you are not technical.
It looks like the chip just has the wrong date in it.
You would have to be skilled in electronics and software to get to grips with it though.
Perhaps your best bet would be to try to obtain another chip with the correct date.

I just searched, and found this: https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/design/technical-documents/app-notes/5/52.html

It gives a lot of technical information, and explains how the chip works. Even has some code fragments.
It is worth a read, even if you are not technical.
It looks like the chip just has the wrong date in it.
You would have to be skilled in electronics and software to get to grips with it though.
Perhaps your best bet would be to try to obtain another chip with the correct date.
Thank you Ray, I really appreciate it!

Back