So I do have some music out now!

mjr

ADD -- blessing and curse
I released it back in February. Country music EP titled "Completely Unknown".

I have a song from the EP posted on SoundCloud here:

And my EP is available through most streaming services.

I released it back in February. Country music EP titled "Completely Unknown".

I have a song from the EP posted on SoundCloud here:

And my EP is available through most streaming services.

Did you play the steel guitar on that? Always like hearing the steel..Was that a key change for the chorus? that was interesting.

Did you play the steel guitar on that? Always like hearing the steel..Was that a key change for the chorus? that was interesting.
I didn't play the steel. Though I do play guitar, I basically used "Band In A Box" for the backing track. I did the "arrangement" and the chord progression. I'd have to go back and look, but yes I think I did do a key change for the chorus.

One of the other songs off of that album I used a resonator on in a similar manner, I believe.

Great song...love the organic analog instruments, especially guitars...refreshing to listen to since I only work with MIDI these days :) btw I'd love to hear your reaction on my electronic music as well:

Thanks!

@mjr if you don't mind me asking, what was responsible for the 31 cents? is it sales of digital downloads? if so, how did you market it (since this is the marketing forum) and what marketing do you think led to the sales?

@mjr if you don't mind me asking, what was responsible for the 31 cents? is it sales of digital downloads? if so, how did you market it (since this is the marketing forum) and what marketing do you think led to the sales?
They're all streams. I did little to no marketing. I basically told just a few people that I know, put up a few tweets on Twitter, and the rest was just kind of organic. I did get some business cards, too, and handed out some. I also left small stacks at a couple of places where I know people frequent (i.e. an Italian restaurant here, and my local library). Basically with my name, that I was a singer/songwriter, and my website URL. But due to COVID I haven't really had a chance to hand out a bunch of them. Which is a shame, because there's a festival in the town where I live that possibly thousands of people come to every year. I could have probably handed out a bunch there.

I changed my signature on a couple of sites I go to as well. Basically with things like "I have a music site! You should visit it!" where "music site" is a link to my URL.

I'd like to do more marketing, but my social media "footprint" is actually rather small, and I really don't have the inclination to sign up for things like Instagram, Facebook, etc. Also, I still don't get out much because of COVID. Once things aren't so bad with COVID, I think I may try some guerrilla marketing (but not Gorilla Marketing). I have an underlying condition, so things aren't quite as flexible for me as they may be for others, so I'm not necessarily able to put forth as much effort as I might like.

My music is actually up on many streaming sites. I can't see how well it's doing on most of them, though. CDBaby only posts updates for sales as they receive them. Though they do provide some demographics for Spotify plays.

I also have physical copies on CD. I've given out a few, but haven't even tried selling them. I designed the album cover and artwork myself.

DM me and I'll send you the URL for my website. But be forewarned: It's country music.

Releasing your Country music EP "Completely Unknown" is a big accomplishment, and it's great to see artists like you sharing their creative work with the world. I took a listen to your song on SoundCloud, and I'm really enjoying the vibes and storytelling in your music.
In the world of music promotion, there are various strategies to consider. One is that you can buy Spotify plays to help your tracks reach a broader audience. It's an approach that many artists find valuable in gaining exposure and building a following.
Anyway, keep creating and sharing your music—it's a fantastic way to connect with people and share your artistry.

Last edited:
Releasing your Country music EP "Completely Unknown" is a big accomplishment, and it's great to see artists like you sharing their creative work with the world. I took a listen to your song on SoundCloud, and I'm really enjoying the vibes and storytelling in your music.
Thanks! I appreciate that! I was once told lyrically that I'm a little too repetitive. That basically two verses would say the same thing, but with different words, instead of "advancing the story".

Which song (or songs) did you like the best?

I'm working on more lyrics in general right now, and I have an idea in my head for an album of Public Domain songs I'm working on as well.

Back