Tascam parts

wkrbee

I'm slowly shutting down my business and have a number of new and used Tascam parts available. Mostly 388, MS16, and other R2R parts including heads. PM me.

Hey Jim! I found you! I’m Craig Marsden, the guy who bought your Tascam 388 rec/play PCB ASSY on Ebay yesterday and who you refunded payment to. I need this item ASAP and have no problem paying again directly to you, or however you’d like to proceed with the transaction. I hope you still have the board. You can reach me personally at 810-938-5087. Call or text. You can also email me at: cmarsden88@att.net
Or just reply back here if you wish.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Craig

I'm slowly shutting down my business and have a number of new and used Tascam parts available. Mostly 388, MS16, and other R2R parts including heads. PM me.
Hey Jim! I found you! I’m Craig Marsden, the guy who bought your Tascam 388 rec/play PCB ASSY on Ebay yesterday and who you refunded payment to. I need this item ASAP and have no problem paying again directly to you, or however you’d like to proceed with the transaction. I hope you still have the board. You can reach me personally at 810-938-5087. Call or text. You can also email me at: cmarsden88@att.net
Or just reply back here if you wish.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Craig

Craig here again. Would you please do me a favor and reply back to me one way or another regarding the Tascam Rec/Play pcb assy I bought from you on EBay. If you you no longer have it, or it’s nonfunctional, or whatever, I would like to wrap this up and look elsewhere for one. I went to great lengths to win the auction, only to have my money refunded. Any communication is better than none is my motto. Much appreciated. Craig

I cannot guarantee the card is 100% functional as I cannot test it, even though it was working when removed from the 388. As I had said in the auction, it is sold as-is. I wish I could test it but I can't. I don't want you to believe it will be a "plug and play " repair. I used to work on the 388 a lot. What kind of problems are you having? If I know where you are, I can recommend a tech. in your area, because I'm in a network of Pro audio techs around the world.

I cannot guarantee the card is 100% functional as I cannot test it, even though it was working when removed from the 388. As I had said in the auction, it is sold as-is. I wish I could test it but I can't. I don't want you to believe it will be a "plug and play " repair. I used to work on the 388 a lot. What kind of problems are you having? If I know where you are, I can recommend a tech. in your area, because I'm in a network of Pro audio techs around the world.
Thanks so much for the reply! So here’s the problem in a nutshell.
The original slot the bad card was plugged into was for Tracks 5 & 7. Track 5 stopped playback what was on the tape, but it would record. No VU action, and no audio through the monitor buss, or even the tape out of that track. So I swapped out the card with the PCB plugged into the tracks 6 & 8 slot. Sure enough track 5 could now do playback but track 6 displayed the playback problem instead of 5. I even went as far as to swap the bad card with the pcb in tracks 1 & 3, and just as I expected, track 1 suffered the anomaly this time. So I know it’s the card that’s the problem. Also, whatever slot it’s plugged into, the bad track VU shows nothing, yet slams into the pin when the transport is put into play. Weird.
Now I’m aware that these boards can be repaired, but if the one you have to sell worked before you pulled it, I would have to surmise that it still does. That being said, if you have any reason to believe it wouldn’t, then of course I’d be a bit leery. Outside of that, replacing mine with one that works is preferable to having to tie it up with some repair place.
If you have some confidence that your card should work, I’d be willing to take my chances. If it doesn’t work,…well…my loss, your gain. At least you’ve made it clear that it’s an As-Is purchase. And I’m a man of my word and very ethical. I keep my aggreements!
Let me know what you think. If I commit to buy, of course I will PayPal you.
Oh…and since there’s some doubt here, a slight discount would be nice, but certainly not conditional. Just sayin’.
Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks Man!!!

Oh…I forgot to mention, I live in the greater Detroit area; Novi to be exact. (Make sure you read my most recent reply before this one.)
Craig

You haven’t responded to any of my PMs and I sent money to pay for the VU meters last week. Please let me know you are shipping! Thanks!

Jim, I am looking for some TASCAM 32/34 series R2R parts: Reel table, head cover, pinch roller. Have any?

Jim, I am looking for some TASCAM 32/34 series R2R parts: Reel table, head cover, pinch roller. Have any?
Sorry I haven’t had a chance to look at the Tascam 34B parts for you. I do know that one of the reel tables looks to be bent (right hand side) on my unit, likely from falling over while in storage before I picked it up. I have the head cover but it is missing the Tascam logo plaque. Pinch roller is pretty bad on my unit.

Back