"Hear the call", new single from Bats Brew

guitar rig for this tune:

direct-rec-rig.jpg

updated mix,
brought the vox tracks up about .75 db,
just enough to hear them slightly louder.

Yeah , guitars sound great, how are you doing bass guitar? Awesome playing as well, great groove ! Vocals sound great ! Rocks!!!

Gonzo,

You've got that Iridium figured out. The guitar sounds are really good. :thumbs up:
alright talisman rich!
thanks for listening...
yes, i've got that thing figured out!!

it's funny, it does high gain really well,
but i find that, with the right IR's, and setting the gains down to barely breakup,
i get more tonal control and touch sensitivity using my drive pedals...
it's so much easier to dial in the tones that way....

bass is done on iridium as well....
i wonder if i could't run my vocal mic thru it as well!! heheh

Yeah , guitars sound great, how are you doing bass guitar? Awesome playing as well, great groove ! Vocals sound great ! Rocks!!!
hey stratmonkee~~! thanks for listening.

yes, the bass is a combination of the Iridium and a Sansamp bass DI.
i use a Carvin LB70 active bass,
i run into the sansamp, and the output of that is set for clean and deep..
the DI thru the sansamp goes into the iridium,
and i use the Marshall amp setup, and a Ampeg 4x10 bass cab; i use the marshall sound for all the midrange and clank,
and the sansamp fills out the bottom..
i do two mono tracks, and sum to a bass sub buss, with a touch of DBX 160 compression on it, and eq to taste.
it's super easy to setup and mix.

This is kind of like a mini masterpiece. It's so well formed and complete in and of itself. Really cool track. Performances, tones, mix all superb. I just wonder in the outro after blood on the street if the kick could be beefed up and made more present and powerful and really hammer that ending

This is kind of like a mini masterpiece. It's so well formed and complete in and of itself. Really cool track. Performances, tones, mix all superb. I just wonder in the outro after blood on the street if the kick could be beefed up and made more present and powerful and really hammer that ending
thanks so much bulls hit!
i appreciate your ears and brain, for deep diving into this one,
that's what i had hoped for.

you know, i DID bring up the overall drum track during that part,
but since i was working with a single stereo drum mix, i couldn't separate the kick from everything else...
if i wasn't lazy, i could output the drum track into individual wav files (superior drummer 3), and that's not hard to do...
then i could totally dial that kick up like you suggest, it's a good suggestion.

Dude for this type of tune super deep lyrics...And much needed. Hoping this inspires those that listen to this style. Because it's got energy and a great message...

I also thought the Russians invaded & China is here. What great lines...

You've definitely a style - and deliver with conviction - I personally think it goes off the rails a bit between the guitars - in places it doesn't define a rhythm.
Lyrics are good.

Dude for this type of tune super deep lyrics...And much needed. Hoping this inspires those that listen to this style. Because it's got energy and a great message...

I also thought the Russians invaded & China is here. What great lines...
hey steve!
you know, i wrote those lyrics just as a way of saying 'well, this is what happened...'
the riff i already had, but once the lyrics kinda fell together, they just seemed to go with the more aggressive riff.
like they were meant to be together!! heheh..

thanks for listening and commenting!

You've definitely a style - and deliver with conviction - I personally think it goes off the rails a bit between the guitars - in places it doesn't define a rhythm.
Lyrics are good.
thanks for listening (again) papanate...

i rather like the dual guitars when they 'blur', that's done on purpose,
but i never lose the feeling of the rhythm.
sometimes i let the drums do it,
sometimes the guitars.

for fun, i did a NEW mix, with a brand new single guitar track, just to see how that works...
i like it!
i used a different drum kit, different bass mix approach, of course the different rhythm guitar part, a more aggressive vocal mix, and it's really the same song, but sounds completely different.

i would post the new version,
IF anyone really wants to hear it.

maybe i'll use it as a 'bonus' track on upcoming album release....

Back