Speed up a song

hammondpow77

So I recorded a couple of original songs that are worth keeping . The issue is they are 2 slow , would sound better speeded up tempo wise. I have the korg dw3200.
anybody know if this machine can do that after the song is recorded ? if not I spose a CD recorder with pitch control could solve the problem thanks !

What Gecko said.... you should be able to speed the tempo without changing pitch. If you need a DAW, you can download Reaper free and do it. Tutorials can be found on Youtube.

+3, I've done it a couple of times in Reaper. There's an option to preserve pitch that you have to select so the pitch doesn't change when you change the playback rate.

There's an app for that.....Voice record pro ....I use it to slow down songs so I can figure out the speedy licks...it keeps it in the exact key but can speed or slow it down however much you want. During rehearsals I just click it to record the whole practice and then take it home and dissect it into individual songs in Audacity to my liking.

So I recorded a couple of original songs that are worth keeping . The issue is they are 2 slow , would sound better speeded up tempo wise. I have the korg dw3200.
anybody know if this machine can do that after the song is recorded ?
If you have the time stretch function, you could use that. On my Akai DPS12i, sometimes, if something is a bit slow or I need to match it to a section that's faster, I'll use the time stretch but instead of stretching the time, I'll contract it so it speeds up on replay. If you do this though, don't make too big a contraction or stretch, because it just sounds weird.

I just did this to a mixed song in Cubase... I sped it up about 6 BPM...110 to 116 with time stretch. . I can't hear any artifacts.

I just did this to a mixed song in Cubase... I sped it up about 6 BPM...110 to 116 with time stretch. . I can't hear any artifacts.
Sometimes, I'll start with too big a jump. It sounds like an alien invasion, especially the drums and cymbals !!

You can always re-record the whole song at the right tempo. I've been in this situation before, and just bit the bullet and re-did the song.

Back