Let's Go Brandon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I'm not. We have difference of opinion. You wrote "Just because you are not in danger of losing your livelihood, doesn't mean others aren't". That is TRUE, EVERY SECOND OF EVERY DAY since jobs were available, for millions of people. Also, I'm not working. I haven't worked since March of 2020. I didn't get vaccinated, I'm still alive. I've also social distanced the past 40+ years, so there's that. What we're going through now is not any different than what people have gone through for causes, every generation. I'm pretty sure if you spoke to middle aged people of the 60s, Russia and the US were going to nuke each other. If you spoke to southerners before, during and after the Civil War the country was gone because slaves were freed. Actors in the silent era lost their livelihood when sound came in. I can't find a toll taker anymore. Hell, there's an app that I get ads on my facebook page called "REPLICA". You create your own friend on your phone. You talk to each other, and I'm pretty sure the ad says something about "When your real friends won't agree with you. You'll always have a friend with Replica." How fucked up do you have to be, to need 100% agreement on all your thoughts. Pretty soon friends will be obsolete.

Covid is the problem. Right or wrong, it is for now. I don't think it's anywhere near as dangerous as the governments say it is, what they're doing supposedly in Australia is insane. Eventually one day it'll pass. Just like everything else. If things like the plague can pass, so will covid.

I couldn't sleep this morning, and flipped on Roku (a $30 box and no monthly fee, it's great) there was severe storms across the US this morning. Listening to the newscaster speak you'd think the end of the world was coming. It's fucking rain. The news wants to keep people scared. It keeps them compliant. That's why I'm happier now than when I had regular cable.

I was not specifically referring to Covid. Covid, or the reaction to Covid, is a symptom of the problem. Or more to the point, tool to perpetuate the problem.

My unsolicited advice, try to stay focused in the thread. Resist the temptation to take a word/subject such a "slavery" and.....oh, oh, I got something to say about slavery!. Rabbit hole scattershot.

You are probably correct Snowman. But its a bit like when the military swapped their .30 calibers for .22 calibers. They did this because wounding instead of killing takes up a lot more resources thus cripples the army.

So Covid is perfect in that sense. It may not kill en-mass like a good old Bubonic anthrax whatever, but it overwhelms the health service with people needing medical assistance and forcing contagion lockdowns. It completely disables the modern society and economic system. A perfect disease and a win-win for the people who developed it closing down economic competitors production while allowing their purchasing to continue.

It is very simply and easily defeated just by isolation of the host. But human nature defeats all attempts.
Covid won't last forever. In my brother's area, the masks are making a comeback. In my area, very few are wearing them. I go to a few places where they're mandatory. I think the media is keeping it more alive than the disease.

Nope. I'm a southerner. The wealthy people owned slaves. Nobody on either side of my family owned them.
Slaves had a retirement plan in America too. Nobody killed them when they got too old. It was considered murder under the law.
They also had manumission laws so a negligent slave-owner could NOT release a slave that was too old and feeble to work, to get rid of the liability.

Your average southerner was a dirt poor white farmer with no retirement of his own. Women could starve without a man in that economy.
Men married Indians because it was too harsh for European women to live there. I'm about 5% American Indian, myself.
When the women became widows, do you think they could afford old slaves? Be reasonable.

I should have said SOME southerners. One of the worst racists I've ever met was from Texas. He praised an incident that horrified 99% of America. The 1% are like him. I was shocked. The thing is, if you didn't speak about race, he was the nicest guy in the world. We got along great. I always tried to move him to see others as human beings. He was having none of it.

If you watch the news, you'd think the majority of people are awful. In actuality, the overwhelming majority are good. They just want to live their lives, and hope the best for others. But, it's the bad people that make the headlines and the most noise.

Throughout my years of hanging out in NYC. With out fail I'd be harassed at least once a day. That could make you pretty bitter. But, I always realized, that the insults would come from a few people together out of the thousands I passed. That's a tiny minority of idiots.

Covid won't last forever.
What? They say it will.
If you watch the news, you'd think the majority of people are awful. In actuality,
No, they are assholes. We are against each other engaged in a class warfare 'semi-civil' war. I have been arrested and jailed 6 times since 2012 for crimes I did not commit. SWAT'd over garbage can lids they blew off during a storm. Yall are fuckin crazy if you think we are getting anywhere.

Last edited:
I should have said SOME southerners. One of the worst racists I've ever met was from Texas.

I did some research and found out that some of my relatives DID indeed own slaves. My error. They were ALL dyed in the wool democrats in my family all the way down to my parent's generation. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 did not change anybody in my family to Republican, contrary to the narrative. That includes 2 former governors and a US senator. They would have voted for Jesse Jackson back in the 80s. It's like a religion.

All I'm saying is that the news media stereotypes don't fit. I've seen this from a very young age which includes the Cuban Missile crisis. JFK was the last real democrat and he was assassinated. LBJ was a gangster. Nixon got me out of Viet Nam. Ford let Nixon off the hook. Carter was insipid. Reagan stood up to the Soviet Union. Bush 1 was a CIA asset. Clinton was a pervert. Bush 2 was a CIA asset. Obama destroyed the union. Trump was a reality television host, not a president. Joe is a fraud.

Throughout my years of hanging out in NYC. With out fail I'd be harassed at least once a day.

I worked for a NYC-man. A roman-catholic, and very professional in his demeanor. I felt badly for 911 too. I have respect for Rudy. I don't like what the city has become. Maybe it was that way all along, and I just didn't know. The leadership is atrocious. I won't mention names. They make me want to vomit when I look at them. Same for Pelosi and the rest. I can no longer look upon them, though I have a little bit of sympathy for Mr. Nadler. At least he does not lose his temper like a spoiled child filled with demons.

Last edited:
I did some research and found out I don't like what the city has become. Maybe it was that way all along, and I just didn't know.
The screwy businesses?

Like how does one explain the lamp shade store? How does that business stay a float? How many lamp shades do people need a month?

Or even that little candy store in the strip mall. How much candy are you selling to make that buildings monthly lease? Somebody must like Goobers and Milk Duds. The dentist office next door makes total sense. But gummi bears at $3.99 per # don't make any sense.

The screwy businesses?

Like how does one explain the lamp shade store? How does that business stay a float? How many lamp shades do people need a month?

Or even that little candy store in the strip mall. How much candy are you selling to make that buildings monthly lease? Somebody must like Goobers and Milk Duds. The dentist office next door makes total sense. But gummi bears at $3.99 per # don't make any sense.

What is the mark-up for democrat walnut-sauce from the Texas-border to NYC?

That is TRUE, EVERY SECOND OF EVERY DAY since jobs were available

That's kind of like saying someone you care about was murdered, but people die all the time, and life goes on. It wouldn't sound right about someone you know personally.

BTW: My daughter was furloughed over supply chain issues from covid. I never heard of that ever happening before in this country. It's a brand new problem.

Last edited:
They are back ordered on so many components, and special parts, we cannot complete our contracts. The shelves are empty. The nightmare just keeps getting worse.

That's kind of like saying someone you care about was murdered, but people die all the time, and life goes on. You just wouldn't something like that about real people you know.

BTW: My daughter was furloughed over supply chain issues from covid. I never heard of that ever happening before in this country. It's a brand new problem.
You mean she was just 'laid off' temporary until the problem sorts itself out? The supply chain problem is across the board. As is the staffing problem as well. When people have a long break from employment a decision is made in their heads that they will never return to that profession ever again. So they retire or go off and do other. Hence the supply problem being dragged out when everybody returns to work.

I saw exactly the same thing happen a long time ago in a big recession in the UK.

What happens is people return to work and there is a back log of orders. But half the people say they arent returning to work because they have retired or gone off elsewhere to do jobs which suit them better. So the company advertises for staff, but all companies are advertising for staff. So to get the staff the wages offered are higher. Some companies cant compete with higher wages. Some companies increase prices of their products to pay the extra wages. Some companies cant afford to buy those increased price products so go under or increase their prices to match.

A vicious whirlwind starts of staff shortages, inflation and supply problems. It is short lived but a big shock to the system and everybody blames everybody else.

In the UK they have a huge shortage of truck drivers causing shortages across the board, so those companies have more than trebled wages offered. This attracts other drivers from driving buses and from other countries. So the problem escalates and spreads like wildfire.

What job is easy, and pays awesome? I want no responsibility, no physical work, no liability, no math...

I don't want to make anything. Or process anything. I don't want to buy anything, or sell for profit. Shit, no advertising. No bosses. Or phone calls.

The containers are being fined for remaining in the docks so long. The transport ships are backed up out into the Ocean. There are so many of them, so late , that they are bursting into fire. The container ships are spontaneously combusting now!
Screenshot 2021-10-31 073951.jpg

The world is in line for the worst holiday season ever.

The economy cannot recover.

I always said I wanted a job that was 11am to 1pm, with an hour for lunch and two 15 minute breaks, that paid $100,000/year.

42 years, and nobody ever offered it!

That's kind of like saying someone you care about was murdered, but people die all the time, and life goes on. It wouldn't sound right about someone you know personally.

Completely different situations. Your daughter could go out and look for another job. Pretty much everyone is hiring. The pay might suck. But, at least it's work. It's better to get something than nothing.

The supply chain is so easy to understand. If you were making $300 a week, during covid that was the federal check alone. Then you got unemployment on top of that. Personally, I'm still collecting and it's going on 2 years. That's INSANE!

The government wants people to go back to work. Cut off unemployment.

The problem with the lack of truck drivers. How many years have car companies been talking driver less vehicles. Budweiser used one already. Why would anyone train to be a truck driver, when the industry will be automated within a few years? The training is at least $6000, and you have very little down time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back