Audio interface

Majmeister

Hello, I'm currently looking to set up a VO studio at home (in my cupboard under the stairs). I have piece of equipment that is about 7 years old and I was wondering if I could use it as an audio interface? It's something called a Fast Track Solo and it includes Pro Tools Express Software. I'm including photos of it as well. If someone knows what I'm talking about, please can you advise? I have a mic which is a Rode NT1A. Thanks! 710FC20B-33E9-4B79-AA23-441783362B7B.jpg

I’d give it a try. The interface did have drivers released for up to Windows 10 and it’s class compliant for OS X (Mac). Decent mic.

you might try the Pro Tools First s/w that’s the current free version from the Avid site, or jump in with Reaper if you want to go full DAW at an affordable price point.

I’d give it a try. The interface did have drivers released for up to Windows 10 and it’s class compliant for OS X (Mac). Decent mic.

you might try the Pro Tools First s/w that’s the current free version from the Avid site, or jump in with Reaper if you want to go full DAW at an affordable price point.
Great! Thanks so much for that.

I had its bigger brother, the Fast Track Pro several years ago. A very stable and useful interface with good, solid drivers. Its weak point was rather low gain and noisy mic pre amps but the NT1a should take care of that problem very nicely.

Dave.

I had its bigger brother, the Fast Track Pro several years ago. A very stable and useful interface with good, solid drivers. Its weak point was rather low gain and noisy mic pre amps but the NT1a should take care of that problem very nicely.

Dave.
Thanks Dave! That’s very reassuring. I’ll certainly give it a go. Maja

Thanks Dave! That’s very reassuring. I’ll certainly give it a go. Maja
Goody, just for my personal, technical interest can you post a clip? 20 seconds of your dulcet tones followed by 20 more of silence is ideal to get an idea of the noise floor. For 'me' attach clip as a top quality 320k MP3 then I can drop it straight into a DAW. I find it illogical that I can post quite a long MP3 but not even 2 seconds of a a .wav of much smaller data size? Any chance the new format can fix that? If so that would at least be ONE thing I like about it! I cannot see much else has improved? Sorry chaps but just MHO.

Dave.

Goody, just for my personal, technical interest can you post a clip? 20 seconds of your dulcet tones followed by 20 more of silence is ideal to get an idea of the noise floor. For 'me' attach clip as a top quality 320k MP3 then I can drop it straight into a DAW. I find it illogical that I can post quite a long MP3 but not even 2 seconds of a a .wav of much smaller data size? Any chance the new format can fix that? If so that would at least be ONE thing I like about it! I cannot see much else has improved? Sorry chaps but just MHO.

Dave.
Thanks Dave. I will definitely do that once I've set my equipment up and played around with it. Maja

Back