My Corona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, my drummer told us this weekend he has the virus. So far, he's doing good. Getting better each day. But he's a small guy, kinda frail looking and right around 70 yrs old. We got a gig coming up in another week. Hope he can do it.

I hope your drummer recovers no problem.

My brother sings in a couple of bands. They still gig, but I think it's supposed to be sort of under the radar, even though in commercial establishments. Hope your gig goes alright. Maybe don't share a mic?

Reminds me: Right before Christmas the wife and I were dying to just get out of the house, do something to enjoy the holiday....lights, see something, shopping. We decided to go to the Yankee Candle mall thing. It was nice, really pretty holiday decor, a whole (mini) mall's worth. But it struck me as odd. Here we were opening all kinds of candles and giving each one a nice sniff(you're supposed to smell the lid rather than the jar). It was comical(sometimes you just gotta laugh). The place was packed, people walking around pulling their masks down and sticking their noses in these candle lids, as were we! Yet, the good doctor Guvna Ralph Nawtum, who incidentally despite being a medical professional with all the answers got the covid, he has issued all of these mandates such as restaurants having to close at 10 pm and a damn midnight curfew(!). It's comical if it weren't so sad.

Thanks Mick. I appreciate the well wishes and will pass along the vibe.

The other day, my wife and I were taking our evening walk and I said I should just get the covid and get it done with so I don't have to stress about it. She got pissed. I was half kidding, half serious. It would be nice not have that constant stress about who you meet, going to the store, whether the guys in the band are safe, etc. But my wife is a cancer survivor and maybe her immunity system is compromised. She's pretty healthy and stays fit, but she's still on medicine, so who knows. It would suck if I brought home the disease and she died from it. That would suck pretty bad, so yeah, I had to do a little back-peddling while walking. lol.

My day gig has me supporting equipment and software that is used in biological research. A couple of months ago, I got a call from the scientists at NIH's infectious disease lab. They worked directly for Fauci and needed help with their software. I got to talking to them for a bit and told them how much I appreciated their efforts. I said I couldn't wait til they got the vaccine approved, I'm ready to take it. One guy said, "Well, we won't have any vaccine if you don't get our equipment working again." lol....
So, the vaccine is out now... You're welcome. :laughings:

The science behind what they're doing is pretty spectacular. These are smart people doing the research and the reason they were able to get a vaccine approved in less than a year was because they have been working on the science for the last decade. When it came to crunch-time, all those years (and dollars) paid off.

Yeah, I'm taking the vaccine. Can't wait.

Thank you Chili, an inside and insightful perspective to consider if/when the time comes to take the stab.

The clarify, I wasn't laughing that my uncle got The Covit. Divorce or not, he i was, is, and will forever be my uncle. I love the guy. Sometimes you just have to laugh at the absurdities of life.

Speaking of....I don't go on facebook often, sometimes more often than others. Apparently the way it works is if someone on your friends list comments on something it may appear on your feed. One of my "friends" obviously enjoys commenting on the news feed. So when he comments those threads appear in my feed. One of those posts from one of the major news networks appeared on my feed concerning The Covit. Had something like 5000 replies, give or take. One lady says, "I see a lot of people making jokes and laughing. People are dying!" I was tempted to comment, "People die everyday. Sickness, cancer, accident or tragedy, murder, suicide. Don't ever laugh again, ever." But, I didn't. Number one rule, don't be a dick. Especially when your Mom might be watching. :spank:

GIMME THE VACCINE. I WANT THE VACCINE. LET ME IN. LET ME INNNNNN.

I’m next in line to get it as a grocery store worker. But my state is slow af to distribute it. I just want to go back to playing cards with my reckless, maskless friends. I’ll still be wearing a mask, though.

I say, if you want the vaccine, take it. But if you don't, I don't think the should "force" it. Once everyone has the opportunity to get the vaccine, then they should open things back up. My understanding the whole lock down was for the hospitals to be able to cope with surge. Once it seems that this can be accomplished, things should open back up and let the people decide their risk.

I say this as it seems the rules are changing again and the powers to be are waiting until the world is safe. As stated by Mick, the world will never be safe. At some point it will be time to move on.

Thanks Chili. Yeah I'm in on the vaccine ASAP. Just want that black cloud hanging over my head gone. Kind of in a holding pattern at the moment. Got a sore throat on Sunday afternoon and it has progressed to down in my chest cough...but no fever, still can taste and hoping like hell it isn't the Corona. Taking Vitamin C, D3 and Zinc 3 times a day. lots of water and hot tea. So far so good..was not exposed to anyone with it that I know of but did have to go into a few stores hunting for Zinc for my brother last week and have done take out a couple times....The wife is fine so...hopefully just the common cold. Conversely like you Chili there is a part of me that just wants to get it over with but with multiple friends and associates kicking the bucket recently I'll pass on throwing the dice if I can.

There's already talk of a sort of "proof of vaccination" passport everyone must carry and display before entering buildings or outdoor gatherings. China's had a form of this for awhile now. If this is implemented, you won't even be allowed into your grocery store or child's school without one. So it may come down to getting vaccinated, or else.

I have to say, my imagination has been wandering about over this covid and vaccine. What if the vaccine itself mutates and reemerges in our bodies 20 or 30 years from now as another sort of plague - like chicken pox and shingles - only it turns everyone into a zombie. A real World War Z. I'm only half kidding because the serious side knows the universe is full of ironies and anything is possible.

There's already talk of a sort of "proof of vaccination" passport everyone must carry and display before entering buildings or outdoor gatherings. China's had a form of this for awhile now.

In China it's not a proof of vaccination it is an app that says you have been tested and don't have it and or had it and it's been over 21 days. Once identified as having it you have to stay quarantined or get a spanking of some sort..You don't want to get a spanking in China...Follow the rules and all is good , break the rules and things can get pretty shitty fast.. Know a few stories that motivate me to be a very good boy when I am there. That app is a powerful tool and you have to have it to drive down the roads ( toll gates) or to walk into any public building.

In China it's not a proof of vaccination it is an app that says you have been tested and don't have it and or had it and it's been over 21 days. Once identified as having it you have to stay quarantined or get a spanking of some sort..You don't want to get a spanking in China...Follow the rules and all is good , break the rules and things can get pretty shitty fast.. Know a few stories that motivate me to be a very good boy when I am there. That app is a powerful tool and you have to have it to drive down the roads ( toll gates) or to walk into any public building.

You get around.. so I'm offering this up as your theme song : ;)

Reactions: TAE
The Beach Boys! Awesome. Brian Wilson was a genius. Have you ever heard that song before Brian had completed engineering and producing? The contrast is nothing short of miraculous!

This, folks, this is a harbinger of what we will get with the inevitable government controlled "healthcare for all".
At the risk of being accused of singling out one sentence, I'll simply say that I did so because I agree with you 100 percent. Government controlled healthcare would, or will, prove to become a complete disaster, in my opinion.

I agree with you 100 percent. Government controlled healthcare would, or will, prove to become a complete disaster, in my opinion.

It really is just common sense...and that is not common. With the Monday morning quarterback perspective of all current national health plans worldwide ...me myself I'll take a pass if I have a choice.

It really is just common sense...and that is not common. With the Monday morning quarterback perspective of all current national health plans worldwide ...me myself I'll take a pass if I have a choice.
I am on Medicare, Part A, and Part B. I also pay an additional monthly premium for supplemental insurance to cover what Parts A and B do not cover. My out of pocket costs consist of paying a copay at my doctors office every four months. And of course I do have to pay $50 whenever I have an eye exam yearly. Medicare has never covered the cost of refraction.
Overall, I enjoy choosing my own options of paying for affordable healthcare.

I am on Medicare, Part A, and Part B. I also pay an additional monthly premium for supplemental insurance to cover what Parts A and B do not cover. My out of pocket costs consist of paying a copay at my doctors office every four months. And of course I do have to pay $50 whenever I have an eye exam yearly. Medicare has never covered the cost of refraction.
Overall, I enjoy choosing my own options of paying for affordable healthcare.

Me too! Having been self employed and having to pay full pop for insurance until I turned 65 I am loving this new set up. I have yet to be told by any doctor of health care facility I am not covered ..Albeit I pay @ $400 every two months for Cream de la cream supplemental... All the shit I went through in 18 and 19 would have cost me a fortune with the old Blue Cross PPO...Timing was right and though I'd preferred not to have to gone through what I went through...grateful as hell I got through it and it didn't cost me my life savings...

This all said...seeing my bills and seeing all the people just at my little City of Hope that are boomers like me on medicare...I just don't believe this system is financially sustainable as more boomers jump on the gravy train..

:laughings:

I'm not trolling, brother. I just think that is hilarious and couldn't resist the opportunity to share.

That's cool. I get it. Thanks for sharing.. I did enjoy it. Something like this always make me think back to first studio takes from a band's ginormous hit record - ya hear the bass sounding like string slapping a tin can and vocals similar to your Beach Boys shred. Then someone like George Martin glues it all together into an incredible sounding tune.

Me too! Having been self employed and having to pay full pop for insurance until I turned 65 I am loving this new set up. I have yet to be told by any doctor of health care facility I am not covered ..Albeit I pay @ $400 every two months for Cream de la cream supplemental... All the shit I went through in 18 and 19 would have cost me a fortune with the old Blue Cross PPO...Timing was right and though I'd preferred not to have to gone through what I went through...grateful as hell I got through it and it didn't cost me my life savings...

This all said...seeing my bills and seeing all the people just at my little City of Hope that are boomers like me on medicare...I just don't believe this system is financially sustainable as more boomers jump on the gravy train..
Prior to being able to join the ranks of folks on the Medicare Train, at the age of 65, I had been relegated to a position of a part time employee. 20 to 30 hours per week at most. I had to carry my own insurance and pay full freight......in the neighborhood of 10 to 11 grand per year. Paying that high cost of insurance premiums was difficult, but whenever I needed help...help was there at no additional cost.
That made sense. I had already paid the price of insurance and assurance.
The old adage is, "You get what you pay for."
There are no free lunches.
And there will never be "Free Healthcare" for all, no more or so whenever politicians (on both sides of the aisle) promise a cost free college education.
Everything in life comes at a cost. Financially, or simply by hard work.

Closing the thread while I do some pruning.

Have a healthy discussion but don't make it personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back