Your first job.

For anyone who might be a first time home owner: When you pay your mortgage each month, if possible give extra to the principal, it'll knock years and thousands off the interest you pay.

that mortgage info is priceless.

Indeed it is! If your are fortunate enough to be able to do so...we were, and got our house paid off way sooner than the 15 year term...

Back in 82 we bought our first shack for $60K 5% down and 18% interest rate...when we signed the docs I saw the total amount paid after 30 years would have been @ $250K WTF?...Fortunately sold that shack 3 years later with @ a 25K gain...interest rates were heading down and the rest is history...still living in the second home that we paid $100K for ...paid off and easily worth $600K...doesn't suck. cost of living in Cali ain't cheap though...with car, house and health insurance, taxes and living a pretty reserved lifestyle ..it takes @ $4k a month to keep the bills paid....:eek:

In my day, $10 bought half an ounce. 5 bucks for a quarter ounce---->the famed "nickel bag"

First full-time job, after graduating high school worked a year at a real Italian pizza joint in the mall. Six 8s, 12-8 Monday through Saturday. No overtime, was sort of a mom-n-pop operation. 2 of the family worked every day open to closing, so I reckoned I had it easy. I didn't have to go in too early, didn't get off too late to party and get laid. Really good pizza, and it was girls girls girls, I tell ya.

Now that you have reminded me, it was $10 an ounce and $40 when Columbian came along. Thai stick was $15.

I gave it up before 9th grade after a couple of bad experiences(with PCP dipped dope and the new "one hit wonder weed"-Sinsimilla bud grown hydro. Walked away when I got a real job.

I have to say, the one time I was turned away for being overqualified really burnt my marshmallows. I have always viewed that as blatant discrimination (choose your type) - a loophole which does an end run around the whole process of non-discrimination.

I got over it.. mostly..

One job, the assistant manager took my application and flat out told me they would not hire anyone of my age.

Just deleted my long rant about the business owners side of who and how you must hire people these days.

It's getting really hard to succeed / run a business here in Cali...Elon Musk just told Cali to fuck off...

I don't know guess you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Last edited:
You still havent told us what the job is. Is it just an anything job to get you by or something you have wanted to do for years?

I hope it turns out ok for you. A good xmas for you. :listeningmusic:

You still havent told us what the job is. Is it just an anything job to get you by or something you have wanted to do for years?

I hope it turns out ok for you. A good xmas for you. :listeningmusic:

Ah, whoops! It’s an anything job. It’s just a night stocker position at a grocery store, but they told me that with my degree I should be able to go into the marketing department pretty fast, so that’s the goal!

Ah, whoops! It’s an anything job. It’s just a night stocker position at a grocery store, but they told me that with my degree I should be able to go into the marketing department pretty fast, so that’s the goal!

So if you were to pitch yourself what would you say you are / want to be. What is your expertise? Social Media, Photoshop, Presentations?

So if you were to pitch yourself what would you say you are / want to be. What is your expertise? Social Media, Photoshop, Presentations?

Social media, photoshop, presentations, photography, videography, radio, graphic design.

I can pretty much do it all.

Thanks, when they told me they were going to hire me I could have cried lol. I really needed this.

Really glad to hear things turned your way. Good news is so rare anymore... So thanks for brining that to HR. We need it here. :)

Before this job, I was out of work for 8 months. Very stressful when you have a family to support. Spent 4 - 5 hours everyday looking for a job, traveling all over the place doing interviews. Finally, one job popped up and I was the exact perfect fit for it. It was a huge sense of relief. 16 years later, still going at it. Hoping to retire in the next 5, 6, 7 years.

Back