DAW Users With ADD

Moral victory? Washington didn't cover the 28.5 pt spread over the Knights of Scarlet tonight.

The Badgers were down ten points in the second quarter.:eek: Fortunately they scored fifty nine unanswered points, phew that was close.:rolleyes:

Happy Labor Day weekend

I'm going to a farmer's market today and a street festival tomorrow. Monday I'm going to chillax .

Work

Things are getting weirder, the owner's son seems to work just long enough to collect a check and seems disconnected from the business. I'm eight years away from retirement and I really don't want to look for another job before then.

LATER!!!

Summer, I hardly knew ye.

Sucks getting old(er). Used to be summers seemed to last forever. Now, time just seems to so quickly slip away.

Better start Christmas shopping. :facepalm:

Fall is here, August was the mildest in recent memory.

The child free era has begun. I should be sad, but my daughter was/is a major PITA. I'll take the blame, we spoiled her.

I bought a guitar at a flea market for $25, it was playable and has a pick up that works. I now have five six string acoustics.:o

I also bought a Digitech trio because it came with a three button footswitch and cost me $90, $69 after I used my backstage points. I have no idea how I'm going to use it, but that's never stopped me from buying something.(see theremin purchase):rolleyes:

Attachments

• Fame 1.JPG
    Fame 1.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 14
Enjoy the child free. It's a mixed emotions thing. It is nice when they come home to visit the home fires, and not so bad when they leave again.

Nice deck. Fairly new? The boards look to be in good condition. Put anything on it yet, sealer? Man, the new pressure treated lumber just doesn't hold up near as well as the older stuff. I say new, probably been out about 10 years after they deemed the old stuff too toxic. Thanks California. I'm in the process of replacing all of the boards on my 14 x 24 deck. Yeah, I normally don't care for stain because it wears unevenly, and you really should strip it before restaining every 2 years, but i'll be going oil stain this time, often....maybe yearly. Beats the expense and pita of replacing the boards after 8 years.

Cool guitar for 25 bucks.

Nice deck. Fairly new? The boards look to be in good condition. Put anything on it yet, sealer? Man, the new pressure treated lumber just doesn't hold up near as well as the older stuff. I say new, probably been out about 10 years after they deemed the old stuff too toxic. Thanks California. I'm in the process of replacing all of the boards on my 14 x 24 deck. Yeah, I normally don't care for stain because it wears unevenly, and you really should strip it before restaining every 2 years, but i'll be going oil stain this time, often....maybe yearly. Beats the expense and pita of replacing the boards after 8 years.

It's about 12 years old. I seal the horizontal surfaces every two or three years, the vertical surfaces every other time.

The #1 problem with painting, sealing, etc. , is that most people wait too long. There is no chemical process that will turn rotted wood back into solid wood.

My front porch is vinyl, it has held up well but doesn't have a great look. There are some good looking composite materials on the market now that I will consider if I have another go around.

Keep in mind, Wisconsin winters are tough on this stuff.

Wow, 12 years old huh? Do you have any idea whether it is the older type PT lumber? I was sealing mine, horizontal surfaces, every two years with a water based sealer. I prefer a sealer that wears off over time, so no stripping is involved. At least I did prefer that sealer. I admit I missed a year, and a half, so that was about 3 1/2 years. Bad thing, my deck is built at ground level, so no air circulation underneath. Not my choice, I hired my "son in-law" to build it to help them out. I was out of town and came home after he had already well into it. Dumbass used ring shank nails rather than screws as I thought we had agreed. Everyone was all excited about the progress, so I kept my mouth shut to keep the peace. He did other stupid shit that I won't even mention. Flipped the burgers, tipped a brew, shrugged it off. Ground level, cupping boards, and ring shank nails, bad combo. I'll probably have to rip the entire thing out at some point, if we stay here. I've been trying to get out to the country for some time, haven't lost hope.

My deck is nailed and I haven't had any problems. The big difference is that the deck boards are 2X6s. The little bit extra thickness makes a big difference.

I'm not aware of any changes in green treated lumber around here, that may be a local regulation.

I just use Thompson's water seal for decks.

Yeah, 2x6 lumber makes a lot of difference.

I've been using CWF-UV, I think it's a Zinser product, Flood. The clear dries to a wet look, wears off over time.

Go Packers!

Grilling
After twenty plus years of having a gas grill I went out and bough a side by side charcoal/gas combo this spring. I always knew charcoal was superior for flavor but gas was way more convenient. I'm really liking this. I will never again disrespect a steak by cooking it with gas, but I can still throw burgers, etc. on the gas side and have them done in no time. I'll never go out for a $50 steak dinner again, this is every bit as good, if not better.

The worst part is that it's kind of small. When the time comes I'll buy a bigger version. I have however used both sides at once to compensate.

The grill also has a smoker which I tried for the first time this weekend. I smoked two pork shoulders with hickory, the results were impressive. Next time I'm going to smoke a half turkey. Time consuming and not for everyone, but kind of an art.

The pundits are liking my Giants this year. Most certainly that will mean a last place finish. :(

Eli has been pretty awful last couple of years, and while he's got some weapons to throw to this year, I don't see that the O line is much improved. D is good, so if they can put up 20 points or so, they could be competitive. Plus the division doesn't seem all that impressive.
:
Did I call it or what? :( :( :mad:

3 points against a mediocre defense. Sorry ass football team. O line can't block and Eli had happy feet all night.

The Giants offense does look bad and I don't think #13 is so great he can put the team on his shoulders.

Not a pretty win for the Packers and the Falcons are up next. That's a pretty tough start.

Go Badgers!

The wife and I will be going to our first Badger game against Purdue in October. We also picked up a ticket for my son who has a student section ticket that he'll have to sell. It's going to set me back quite a few $$$, but you only live once.

I hate 7:30 starts for the Packers, luckily I'm going straight to my job Monday which is right in town, so I'll get a little extra sleep.

Rutgers - the Beast of the East. 65-0 over Morgan St. It was a close one... until kickoff. :)

Of course they still won't win one Big 10 game. :o

Go Badgers!

The wife and I will be going to our first Badger game against Purdue in October. We also picked up a ticket for my son who has a student section ticket that he'll have to sell. It's going to set me back quite a few $$$, but you only live once.

I hate 7:30 starts for the Packers, luckily I'm going straight to my job Monday which is right in town, so I'll get a little extra sleep.

Boiler Up! :D

Go Badgers!

I guess you're pretty sad you won't get to see them play RU. :D

Maybe in the B10 Championship game. :eek:

Back