a new one, "Road to Tabriz"

GONZO-X

a new one, "Road to Tabriz"

https://soundcloud.com/bats-brew/road-to-tabriz-from-the-new-bats-brew-album-stay

this one was fun for me,
because i got to use this thing:

DSC_0322.jpg

i really like playing it.... it's a loaner, not mine...
makes me want to get an elec 12 string, tho.......

Yeah, I can feel the you really loved this guitar, because the clean guitars sound really good and upfront.

But the distorted guitars, IMHO are sounding too harsh. Drums sound nice and real. Would love to know which setup you've used. Bass sounds good to me aswell.

I dont like the song because I dont like this style of music to much, but the mix is definately sounding good.

The vox are a little sibilant.

I probably wouldn't have noticed the 12-string if you hadn't mentioned it, but it's pretty cool.

Very dense mix. I like that. Your core of drums and vocals stays audible throughout, so that's good.

Wait... the similar threads suggests 4 more versions of "Road To Tabriz". How many times have you posted this song?! o_O

Yeah, I can feel the you really loved this guitar, because the clean guitars sound really good and upfront.

But the distorted guitars, IMHO are sounding too harsh. Drums sound nice and real. Would love to know which setup you've used. Bass sounds good to me aswell.

I dont like the song because I dont like this style of music to much, but the mix is definately sounding good.

heheh, i don't know about 'love'.... per se...

that SOB is heavy! too heavy to love..
but get long with, yea.

i think when it comes to distortion sounds, sometimes harsh is just about right.
but it's pretty subjective, as many folks have heard this, not very many mention 'harsh', but i feel the same way about certain things i listen to,
that MUST have passed the sniff test somewhere down the line.

I probably wouldn't have noticed the 12-string if you hadn't mentioned it, but it's pretty cool.

Very dense mix. I like that. Your core of drums and vocals stays audible throughout, so that's good.

Wait... the similar threads suggests 4 more versions of "Road To Tabriz". How many times have you posted this song?! o_O

that 12 string is pretty cool.....

i don't think i'll have it around much longer,
i need to get down with some captures....

dense mix, yes...
i tried to pan and eq in such a way that everything occupied a space.
so it can be dense, but still hear it all happening.

several of the earlier posts of 'tabriz' were working demos.
even final mixes..

this is the version that is off the new album, "Stay"

Bats Brew | Stay | CD Baby Music Store

i'm using comments on these mixes now, to dial in a 're-mix' for a digital only release.

plus, i have a brand new interface i'm working into my rig,
and the higher quality converters are allowing me to hear more detail than i heard before....
so posting these, and getting feedback, is part of that big equation of learning the new interface in my rig.

you know, i've re-checked this mix using my new interface (RME Babyface Pro) and i'm hearing high end detail thru that,
i did not hear during the previous mix down of this.

it's much easier for me to pick out that 'sibilence' you were describing,
yes, it's there.
i can easily use a Waves DeEsser and focus on that area, just blending in the deesser just enough to knock the edge off when it really cranks up.
good ear.

How heavy is that double neck, Gonzo? There's something a little magical about the double neck SG, due to its associations. Like millions in my age bracket, seeing Jimmy playing it in "The Song Remains the Same" at the late-late show blew teenage Robus's mind. Actually, I think we took care of that in the parking lot before we went into the theater... On a practicality scale, I'd imagine that guitar would rate pretty low.

How heavy is that double neck, Gonzo? There's something a little magical about the double neck SG, due to its associations. Like millions in my age bracket, seeing Jimmy playing it in "The Song Remains the Same" at the late-late show blew teenage Robus's mind. Actually, I think we took care of that in the parking lot before we went into the theater... On a practicality scale, I'd imagine that guitar would rate pretty low.

oh boy, is it heavy!!

of course, i'm used to playing light weight guitars,
with the exception of my Ibanez Artist, so it feels like a ton.

epi lists it as this:
Typical Weight (+/- 5%) 12.1 lbs

seems heavier than 12 pounds,
i'm sure i've playe les pauls that weighed that much...

maybe it's the way it hangs on you when you actually wear it...

i wore it for one of the tracks, on another song i sat with it,
which is infinitely easier!

That's heavy. The other issue for me would be the difference in playing position between the two necks. It needs to be just so, for me. I'm well over the low slung, "too cool for ergonomics" style and wear my guitars high these days. I've had my issues with wrist and hand injuries from poor playing position.

That's heavy. The other issue for me would be the difference in playing position between the two necks. It needs to be just so, for me. I'm well over the low slung, "too cool for ergonomics" style and wear my guitars high these days. I've had my issues with wrist and hand injuries from poor playing position.

yes, you must have big balls to play these double necks!

Yeah, I forgot Felder's famous white doubleneck. His playing always did more for me than Page's.

i think you set the 6 stringer at about the normal level, and the 12 string ends up being whatever it is....

Back